“Tasty Mediterranean choices and Turkish cuisine”
Review of Orchid Cafe

Orchid Cafe
Ranked #15 of 93 Restaurants in Park Ridge
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Turkish
Reviewed 17 May 2015

My wife and I went to the new Cafe Orchid restaurant in Park Ridge tonight. I am not an adventurous diner but tried the Ala Turca, a chicken breast (OK , proof I'm not adventurous) with Turkish sauce and bulgar (a wheat grain side dish). It was delicious. My wife enjoyed the combo plate and we both had enough for left overs that my 24 y/o son devoured later that night. The wait staff was stretched thin but pleasant and helpful. We will be returning as will my son and his girlfriend!

Reviewed 20 April 2015

We had dinner at this place last night. Service was just OK,she forgot to bring the bread which dosen't come with any butter,olive oil or any spreading. mujver was very dry and salty,spinach with yogurt was very blend and just one tea spoon yogurt top of it whic. .h yogurt should cover all of the spinach. They give too much bulgur pilaf which was very dry and no taste but too little meat. Doner was very dry and old tasting,adana kebap had no taste (originated in the city of Adana,should of been spicy) and the spices should have been in the meat before grilling,they brought little container of Chinese hot sauce fromthe bottle. Hunkar begendi was blend end you would not see the lamb on top of it. Puree should have placed in a plate in concave way so the hollow section filled with mountain of meat. Kunefe had almost no cheese with very watery syrup . Yogurt sauces diluted with someting that had no taste of yogurt.. I'm very familiar with Turkish food had relarives in turkey which are exelent cooks. I have never been in cafe orchid in lake view maybe the food is better overthere I do not know. But the cook should be very familiar with Turkish cuisine.

Reviewed 8 April 2015

I really enjoyed the food at this local... Tried a couple diffrent appetizers, lentil soup, and the Adana Shish Kabab; everything was well seasoned and tasty. The service was great, I look forward to returning and trying more items off the menu.

Reviewed 25 March 2015

Now open in Park Ridge. Hadn't visited the other location (Wrigleyville) but decided to try the new location out.

Excellent experience...we ordered from across the menu, including apps and main courses. The quality of the flavors and food was excellent, and the service was also superb.

The restaurant's decor was tasteful, and though this is a strip mall location, don't underestimate the caliber of the experience.

Been to Orchid Cafe? Share your experiences!