All reviews asian breakfast hi express front desk large indoor pool chicago area room was clean no refrigerator or microwave fitness area cinnamon rolls up to date free breakfast minute drive home away from home wi fi business trip a great place to stay o'hare airport
Reviewed 23 March 2018

Wow great for a holiday inn. Was very nice for Holiday Inn! They have a friendly staff and very nice pool and workout center. they also have computer that i was able to use and free breakfast. I was there with a group and they took great care of us!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Chester S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago Palatine, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Hello Cda212,

Thank you so much for this awesome review! Your words are very kind and the staff and I greatly appreciate it. Next time you are in town come by and try out the pool again.

Reviewed 14 December 2017

I drove from KY to visit a friend and help them move. They booked the room for me so I didn't have to spend too much money.

Got to the hotel to find out they did not have my room. I was put into a different room then what we had booked. Why didn't they call me? They didn't they work with me to get what I booked and made a reservation for. I asked that at check in and just got a face like "ummmm I do not know and sorry".

I did not get housekeeping service at all during my whole stay. I did not have a DND sign or anything on my door. I made sure of that. I went to check out on Sunday and asked why I did not get service and the reservation was made for Green Engage. We never received any points for green engage. I have traveled 4 times since than and I have received mine within a week .

This hotel needs better communication

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank vic2rias28
Chester S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago Palatine, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

I want to apologize that your stay was not a pleasant experience. We could have and should have done a better job on taking care of you while you were here. If you could please email me your IHG rewards number I will make sure you get your green engaged points and I will add some extra to help make up for your unpleasant experience. Please contact me at cselim@hieplatine.com or 847-934-4900.

Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

I love this property. It’s one of my all time favorites. Everything from shopping to dining is nearby, it’s always clean and the staff is Amazing!!! I’ve known Jim for years now and he’s awesome... I’ve gotten to know Naureen over the past few visits and i have to say she is wonderful. Always smiling, always helpful... nothing but positive vibes from her and i love that. Especially being on the road a lot, it’s always nice when u meet genuinely happy people. Oh and the jacuzzi suite is like a home away from home. I absolutely love this place and 100% recommend this property.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends

Nothing makes the team happier than reading responses like yours. We strive to deliver great experiences for all of our guests. It seems you have come to know our staff very well over your travels here. Please let me know when you are coming in next as I would like to meet you. Thank you for staying!

Reviewed 15 November 2017

I took this HIE in Palatine as a reward night. It is the first time I reserved an award night with HIE and only had 10,000 points deducted. Almost always the minimum is 15,000. I wasn't expecting much but got much more for the 10,000 points. Clean, comfy bed, good wi fi, good check in and front desk and very good breakfast with extras that most HIE don't have.
Will definitely stay here again if they keep bonus nights at 10,000. It is located near expressway with easy access to Chicago and O'hare airport.
The only thing I found that is a tiny negative is that the hotel seems just a bit "worn" but no big deal.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Chester S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago Palatine, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Thank you so much for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Palatine on TripAdvisor. We are so delighted that you took time out from your busy schedule to write this amazing review. We will be keeping the rewards stay at 10,000 points for 2018. So come stay with us again.

cselim@hiepalatine.com

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Upon arrival the front desk person was polite and helpful. Our room was clean and very warm. Had to adjust the temperature way down since it is a small room it didn't need to be set at 72 degrees. Was out like a light until we were woken by loud noises coming from below us. We were above the loading dock area and they had a deliver at 2:00AM. I finally called the front desk at 2:35 when it was still going on. The front desk person said it hadn't been going on that long and they were all most done. So apparently this is supposed to be no be deal. So make sure you are nowhere near the loading dock if you stay here.

Room Tip: Ask not to have a room by the loading dock.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

I truly apologize on behalf of the entire team that you were not able to sleep because of the noise outside. As a team we could have handled it much better. From the time of the delivery to our apology. Our team will learn from this and get better. If you are ever in the area again please let me know. I would appreciate the opportunity to show you a better experience.

cselim@hiepalatine.com