“Not Very Good”

Add it.
Brothers Ribs
Ranked #80 of 160 Restaurants in Palatine
Reviewed 16 April 2017

It started with a $4 coupon in one of the neighborhood mailers. The coupon also said delivery available Thurs-Sun 5-9PM. We were watching our grand kids in Palatine, and saw this mailer on my daughter's counter top. I called them to place an order for delivery. Was told they don't deliver! So I drove there to pick up, a rib tip dinner, ribeye steak platter, and corn dogs for the kids. I probably should have known better when I saw their sign that said they charged extra for extra sauce. I NEVER heard of that in a BBQ place. The rib tips were dry, and didn't even have enough sauce to dip in. The ribeye steak "platter" was simply a steak sandwich. I was not very happy with my meal, nor was my wife. Lesson learned...won't go back there. OH YA...when I gave the person my $4 coupon, I got quite the "look" from him! A person should not feel like a cheapskate when presenting a coupon the restaurant sent to thousands of people.

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

My husband was missing not having ribs so he went on line and found this restaurant that was listed in Arlington Heights but was in Palatine with great reviews. My husband called in an order for a full slab of ribs with a baked potato, cole slaw, baked beans and great bread. This cost $23.23 and we had plenty of food for two with delicious ribs. I am so happy to have found this place at Euclid and Quentin Road, just east of Harper college. The sauce was perfect and the baked potato came with butter and sour cream. I sure you could pay for a extra baked potato and small cup of beans and coleslaw. The baked beans were good but tasted like molasses. I use brown sugar in mine!

Reviewed 6 July 2016

I called on 7/4/16 and asked if they could handle a family order for 10 which is $149 with tax. I spoke to Jim and was told to pick the food up in an hour which included rib tips, a slab of ribs, two rotisserie chickens, bread, cole slaw, and baked beans. In rushing and with a child with me, I drove quite a distance to pick up the food and bring it home to my family. To my amazement, all of the meat was burnt; the cole slaw and beans were packaged in small, individual containers, and because they ran out of rolls, we were given several slices of Texas toast.

I called the restaurant back to complain that the meat was burnt and spoke to Jim again who said he did not check the order because they were busy. I was promised a call back the next day (Tuesday), once he determined the amount he could compensate me. After not receiving a call, I called the store back on Tuesday afternoon and was told that the owners was home with sick children and might give me a call back tomorrow (Wednesday). Well, I haven't received a call so I called the store minutes ago and spoke with Jim, the owner who over talked me and told me that if I continued to complain, he wouldn't give me the $40 he initially quoted as compensation. I am livid, and extremely upset over this lack of quality customer service, and food preparation which wasn't fit for a dog. Jim said that he's been in busy for 26 years and frankly, "I don't care." I am going to yell on all social media sites, file a complaint with the BBB and whoever else so that everyone knows that Jim doesn't give a darn about serving quality food, nor satisfying customers who have been wronged.

Reviewed 3 March 2016

I write this review reluctantly.... I have been going to Brothers Ribs for years. You can eat there, but I get my rib dinner to go. Best Ribs in the Northwest Suburban Chicago area. This is the place where the sauce is outstanding, the ribs are cooked just right, and you always seem to want to have another rib.....

As I mentioned, I have been going to Brothers Ribs, a small storefront, for years. If you love ribs, try them.... I rate them at the top of my personal list....

Reviewed 15 August 2015

Hubby and I shared a 1/2 rib plate with beans and cole slaw. It was excellent. The sauce was not too sweet, not too tangy, just perfect. They were very meaty and came off the bone with a fork and knife easily. Beans were really good - but cole slaw was just ok.
We are kind of far from us, but our hair salon is near, so it is going to become a new thing for us to get our hair cut and eat dinner.
Definitely try this place, you can't go wrong. We are excited to try other items.