“Overall the best chinese food in Palatine”
Review of Heng Wing

Heng Wing
Ranked #10 of 158 Restaurants in Palatine
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 September 2017

When I worked in the area, I'd order take-out every every other week, so I've probaby had a couple of hundred experiences with Heng Wing. They've always gotten the order correct, the food was always warm, and the wait time was almost never an issue. The food is nicely spiced and I don't recall ever having a bland dish. Someone recently posted that the quality is in decline. I was back in town this week and got an order to go - Heng Wing House Special Fried Rice, Mongolian Beef, Spicy Shrimp, Mu Shu Pork, Egg Rolls. Quality seemed about as good as always, athough everything was a bit spicier than remembered. That may be because I spend a lot of time in Florida now, where most places cook things bland. Prices were about what you'd expect for the area. Quantity was about what you'd expect, except maybe a bit skimpy on the order of mongolian beef. Spicy Prawns are still a favorite. If you like shrimp, give it a try, especially if you're ordering for group of folks. The only other real option in Palatine is Absolute Chinese. In my opinion, Absolute Chinese uses better qulity meat but the food is somehow less flavorful. If Schaumburg is an option, Yu's Mandarin would be a better choice, especially on date night.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

A fairly popular place in the Palatine area to get Chinese food. Restaurant has a fair amount of seating, but a lot of the business seems to be with people ordering take out. My own family tends to opt for the second option, since it is usually quicker and easier to bring food home. Couple times in recent years that we dined at the restaurant, the service was polite but slow (in part to being busy).

The quality of food tends to vary between experiences. We've rarely had anything that wasn't at least fair to good, but the overall quality isn't as great as it used to be. Not bad per se, but definitely seeing a decline over the last couple years.

Would still frequent the place for local Chinese as well as recommend to others. Just disappointed that recommendations aren't as strongly endorsed as they would have been a few years back.

1  Thank Dr_Xaos
Reviewed 10 September 2017

Amazing Chinese restaurant. I love their orange chicken (non-spicy) and their crab rangoon. Beef sticks are always a hit with anyone who is not a vegetarian. If you like Chinese food, you need to try this place.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

A lot of people, especially older adults, were gathered here during my lunch. I thought the food was rather unappealing. Definitely not the 8th best restaurant in Palatine. I would rather drive farther for better Chinese or even Thai or Vietnamese over Heng Wing. It was simply average at best.

1  Thank wlamb123
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

We've been going to Heng Wing since our adult children were young; now we bring our grandchildren.
The food is always consistent, and good.
If they weren't doing somethong right they wouldn't be here. There are other Chinese restaurants not too far away but Heng Wing is a constant choice. Tasty, clean and an enjoyable experience!