“Upscale Bar, but Family Friendly”
Review of Tap House Grill

Tap House Grill
Ranked #6 of 84 Restaurants in Oswego
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: What began in the fall of 2005 as a dream of bringing together fresh, made from scratch “addictive” food alongside a large selection of local “creative” handcrafted, exclusive and rare beers on tap is today a reality at Tap House Grill. The dream of delicious food and exceptional beer became a reality on November 11, 2006 when the first Tap House Grill opened in St Charles, Illinois. Tap House Grill Addictive Food/Creative Brews currently operates 8 locations including Des Plaines, Hanover Park, Lemont, Oswego, Palatine, Plainfield, St. Charles, Wheeling. In 2015, THG Franchise Group was founded to provide owner-operators the ability to expand our concept. It is safe to say that “Addictive Food” and “Creative Brews” along with great times are now being served up fresh daily.
Reviewed 17 October 2018

This is an upscale bar on the edge of downtown Oswego. Nice atmosphere, and family friendly as well as as for friends to gather. Good food and drinks !

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Terrible service. This was back in May so I’m not sure if they’ve changed management or employees but it took forever to get waited on and forever to bring the food out. We ended up leaving without eating.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

We’ve been to Tap House once before and that experience wasn’t the best. So years later (yesterday 8/13/18) we decided to give it another shot because every time we ride pass it’s always seems so busy. Unfortunately this experience was the same but worse. The waitress wasn’t attentive and the food was gross. I order the garlic Parmesan and bbq wings, my daughter ordered the Mac and cheese. My food was cold by the time it reached me and my daughter Mac and cheese was more like Mac and Mac. There was little to no cheese on what was suppose to be Mac and cheese, she said it tasted like plain noodles. I didn’t reorder anything because of the fear of being disappointed AGAIN. I’m convinced that the crowd I see are paid actors and actresses because the food there is terrible.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 7 August 2018

Great beer selection and great food. They have a nice menu selection and the staff is very friendly. I have been here at least 25 times and have always had a good experience.

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

I was in town visiting my son and wanted to check out some place new. Neither of us had been to the Tap House so gave it a try! We dined outside as the weather was beautiful for late July! Our waitress Ariel was awesome! My son ordered the macaroni and bacon tacos and I chose the Macaroni and cheese build your own” and added broccoli and chicken. We both ordered drinks-he chose a tap beer I chose the skinny mule. Drinks were good....I was a bit surprised by my $10.00 mule once the bill arrived. Prices weren’t listed on menu-so I guess it’s my fault for not asking!

Our food arrived it looked yummy!! My son said his tacos were awesome and as I began to eat my meal I thought the same! Several bites in to it though I discovered a hair cooked in with the noodles. I was so disappointed! I was, up until that point enjoying the meal. I notified our server who was very apologetic(though I know it was not her fault) she offered to replace with another or with something else-I declined. She offered to have the meal removed from our bill which I kindly accepted.
Overall experience was very good and she handled our situation very professionally.
I would go back if the chance ever arises.

Date of visit: July 2018

Been to Tap House Grill? Share your experiences!