“Joseph Goes Hollywood, no Vegas, no.... to heck. And my $s went as well.”
Review of Drury Lane Theatre

Drury Lane Theatre
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Purchased tickets on line through Ticketmaster. Then, on Drury Lane website, noticed small print at bottom of page indicating that the show may contain adult themes, something like that. This small print was after all the large font verbiage indicating it was the classic Broadway Joseph. Called the theatre. 'No refunds' But I'll take a different show later this year, keep my money but I cant take my kids to this version of Joseph. 'No refunds.' A few weeks later, after landing at O'Hare, I stopped by the theatre to speak with a manager. Ha! Long line of folks trying to get a refund. Manager in office saying NO, NO, NO, YOU BOUGHT THE TICKETS THEY'RE YOURS, NO! This theatre's mgmt made a mistake and is too proud and too stupid to realize that they've lost hundreds if not 1000s of future ticket sales. Infuriatingly stupid. Obviously, we wont be going back until someone sends us a check for $250. I'm not holding my breath.

4  Thank Patrick H
"both times"
"your choice"
"saturday night fever"

Reviewed 23 March 2018

When I heard that the Drury Lane Theatre was doing Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat I ordered tickets when they became available. It was one of my favorite musicals. Plus, the original musical is a beautiful Bible story, and I wanted to share it with my six year old grandchild. I also scheduled lunch at the wonderful on site Lucille’s restaurant to enjoy with him.
I ordered the tickets for the last week of the showing because to get to the theatre is a 75 mile drive from my home. I was hoping to escape any chance of a huge Chicago snow storm.
Then the show opened, and I began to read the reviews. Drury Lane had made the decision to change the Bible story of Joseph to a complete sleazy adult farce. Certainly, not a production I could take my grandchild to or would want to attend myself.
When I called the theatre to discuss my disappointment i was told they have a policy of no refunds. They also would.not exchange my tickets for a future show at the Drury Lane.
From talking with the manager I realized the theatre made a decision before production to keep secret and not advertise their adaptation of Joseph as “adult” entertainment. They had to know that this decision would offend many of their patrons.

My husband and I came the day of my tickets, and we had lunch I had paid for in advance at Lucille’s. The food was wonderful as always. Then we headed into Chicago for a day of shopping and fun.

Goodbye Drury Lane. We won’t be returning.

2  Thank Barbara C
Reviewed 17 March 2018

This is the worst adaptation of the Joseph production I have ever seen. It is definitely not for children. Do not waste your money on it. Too many things to try to explain but you do not want to see it.

2  Thank maryjill4
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

I didn’t know what to expect when I bought the tickets. It turned out to be very enjoyable. The singing was top-notch. The dancing was lotta fun to watch. I would highly recommend it. Entertaining !!