Review Highlights
Very exciting and exquisitely performed fairy tale

Enchanting story, and set design. Costumes were top rate. Main characters were very talented and... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Marykins33
Chicago, Illinois
Wonderful time at A Christmas Carol.

We visited the theater to see A Christmas Carol. It was our first time at the theater. We were... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
SkipperBill2
Belvidere, Illinois
via mobile

All reviews drury lane downtown chicago free parking great theatre prime rib christmas carol south pacific plenty of leg room comfortable seats season ticket holders top quality great entertainment close to home salmon no bad seats both times oak brook
Reviewed 23 March 2018

When I heard that the Drury Lane Theatre was doing Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat I ordered tickets when they became available. It was one of my favorite musicals. Plus, the original musical is a beautiful Bible story, and I wanted to share it with my six year old grandchild. I also scheduled lunch at the wonderful on site Lucille’s restaurant to enjoy with him.
I ordered the tickets for the last week of the showing because to get to the theatre is a 75 mile drive from my home. I was hoping to escape any chance of a huge Chicago snow storm.
Then the show opened, and I began to read the reviews. Drury Lane had made the decision to change the Bible story of Joseph to a complete sleazy adult farce. Certainly, not a production I could take my grandchild to or would want to attend myself.
When I called the theatre to discuss my disappointment i was told they have a policy of no refunds. They also would.not exchange my tickets for a future show at the Drury Lane.
From talking with the manager I realized the theatre made a decision before production to keep secret and not advertise their adaptation of Joseph as “adult” entertainment. They had to know that this decision would offend many of their patrons.

My husband and I came the day of my tickets, and we had lunch I had paid for in advance at Lucille’s. The food was wonderful as always. Then we headed into Chicago for a day of shopping and fun.

Goodbye Drury Lane. We won’t be returning.

Date of experience: March 2018
3  Thank Barbara C
Reviewed 17 March 2018

This is the worst adaptation of the Joseph production I have ever seen. It is definitely not for children. Do not waste your money on it. Too many things to try to explain but you do not want to see it.

Date of experience: March 2018
2  Thank maryjill4
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

I didn’t know what to expect when I bought the tickets. It turned out to be very enjoyable. The singing was top-notch. The dancing was lotta fun to watch. I would highly recommend it. Entertaining !!

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed 3 March 2018

Love this venue. It is close to home, terrific shows, and free parking!! The Sunday morning brunch is delicious, professional servers and the decor is banquet system with a flat. Would see more shows here!

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank Italianwinelovr S
Reviewed 23 February 2018

There is still time to attend a performance of Joseph at Drury Lane. Just absolutely loved the recreated version of Joseph! We were not disappointed, but we were disappointed to see many empty seats in the audience at the normally busy 2 p.m. Sunday matinee. By all means all the people that stayed home and decided not to attend this production sometimes it is good to step out of the norm and enjoy an updated modern version for 2018!
We have been enjoying plays at Drury Lane since the early 80s and we are just blessed to have this magnificent theatre in DuPage County that continues to thrive!

Date of experience: February 2018