All reviews midway airport big name hotels room air cute hotel medical center family owned business refrigerator and microwave great access air conditioning bus stop room was clean reasonable rates place to stay home away from home continental breakfast big city hard boiled eggs
Reviewed 24 March 2017

I am on a strict budget so this motel, while reasonable by today's standards, cost 1/3 again what I normally pay. But needed someplace safe & nice while visiting a relative in a medical facility for several days, so chose to upgrade a little from a lower priced, one-night type institution that can often feel sketchy for a single female traveler. Never felt uneasy coming in late at night to the well-lit parking lot! Family folk at the office are friendly & helpful & most important, the room & bath were sparkly CLEAN! Hot water never ran out. Sheets & towels plentiful & bright white & room service was given daily. Cute décor was also a break from traditional, generic furnishings & gave this older facility a more homey feel. Was given an interior access room because it was snowing when I arrived & the proprietor didn't want me slipping on the outside stairwell before he had a chance to service them again. So I actually got a cool, private room w/ extra dressing & closet space & cannot speak to the regular or long-term rooms. Loved all the windows & natural light in the "penthouse"! True their breakfast space is minimal but they were upfront about it in their advertising & at least they provided waffles, a good selection of bread products, fresh fruit, etc. With a provided micro & fridge I ate many meals at the table in my room. Had an additional computer desk & no problems accessing the Wi-Fi. No problems w/ TV reception. Did have some "frisky" neighbors I found out were there for their wedding. But realistically you will never have soundproof rooms unless you can afford a Hilton. Puppies in the front office lobby may not be pleasant for some travelers but I like the security of dogs on the premises & these were cute & as friendly as their owners. Glad I stayed here & if I have extra funds in my pocket will stay again next year.

Room Tip: All rooms face the parking lot & busy street. But I LIKE seeing my car from my room & city noise doesn't disturb my sleep.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Rita O, Owner at Gateway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2017

Wow-
I wish all are guests were clones of you!! LOL- we are a "mom and pop"
we want everyone to know that too- many customers are unsure about staying at the smaller spots, but with your help hopefully they will give us a chance!
Thanks for all your kind comments, you truly understand what we are all about.
Yes we are a older facility, and yes we have a small , we call quaint breakfast area, and
yes we truly love giving customer service, and yes we love to make sure our rooms
are sparkling clean for every guest.
Thank you for writing in, you truly did make my day- and assured me there is a place for us in the world of Lodging.
Sincerely- The owners and entire staff at the Gateway Inn of Oak Lawn

Reviewed 30 December 2016

Overall the experience was OK. The people on duty were very friendly and responsive. Management needs to get up off their behinds and and improve the breakfast area, the toiletry items in the rooms (stay one night in a Days Inn to get pointers) and make it clear that patrons are to be considerate of guests who sleep normal hours. Please, this is not rocket science!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank jcjern
Rita O, Owner at Gateway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2017

Thank you for your comments, The breakfast area is something we recently added in 2016,
its so popular we are expanding it this spring, so thanks for your comments, it helps sell
my argument to the husband, who thinks people do not really care about the breakfast.

We are always trying to update our small, little inn, and keep up with the big guys!
Thanks for keeping us on track, and come back to see the new and improved Lobby and
Breakfast area.
The Gateway Inn of Oak Lawn
PS. sorry it took so long to respond- this review was mis-placed.

Reviewed 16 November 2016

This Inn has good price for us to afford around big city Chicago. Its convenient and comfortable. It is easy to chick in and check out. We cook waffles by ourselves for breakfast and free milk and juice.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Rita O, Owner at Gateway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2016

We are so glad you took the time to write us a great review..
We are a small Mom and Pop, but we are trying to keep up with the big guys-
hense... ( waffles...lol lol)

But , we love those waffles too....

We hope you come back to stay real soon..
The staff at the Gateway Inn of Oak Lawn...

Reviewed 13 November 2016

1. Wifi internet did not work in my room: I had to go to the office to get on internet.
2. Room is outdated: the paint is worn off switches and wall plugs.
3.Breakfast is below standard: only supersweet cereals (cheerios etc), milk only on demand
4.I asked for a quiet room, nevertheless my room looked out on the busy street

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Rita O, Owner at Gateway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2016

SO SORRY---
YOUR STAY WAS NOT SO GREAT AFTER YOUR LONG FLIGHT.....

WE ARE A SMALL " MOM AND POP" PLACE, WE ARE ALWAYS WORKING ON RENOVATIONS AND UPDATES-
We are located on 95th street near the very busy Advocated Christ Hospital-
We hope to make our little place a little better every day, so in the future we will
not disappoint any of our guests.

sorry again..
the entire staff at the Gateway

Reviewed 12 November 2016

Pleasant people in a pleasant place who strive to provide a pleasant stay-over experience worthy of your consideration. A down-home place that goes the extra mile for the good of their business and clientelle.

Room Tip: Pleasant people in a pleasant place who strive to provide a pleasant atmosphere worthy of your consideration.
Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family

Wow.
That has to be one of the best and most truthful reviews we ever had....

Thanks so much for noticing that we are always trying to go that extra mile...
We are hoping next year to really remodel the hotel and make it the best it can be..

Thanks so much...
Sincerely-
Rita and Bob , owners and operators of the Gateway Inn of Oak Lawn..