“Chicago Dogs”

Ranked #18 of 86 Restaurants in Oak Brook
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

I had lunch here on 31Mar17. I had one Chicago dog and half an order of pasta Florentine. The hot dog was great the pasta was good, but it had a tad bit more oil than I like. Also had a piece of chocolate cake, it was good but I must confess my grandmother's chocolate cake is a 100 times better. The icing on the cake was thin. Overall it was good visit and I'm glad I could visit a classic Chicago restaurant

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

Probably my favorite and best junk food place. Choices will not be considered as healthy but it's very tasty and in good price. The fact that it's always busy can prove why everyone choose it. It's sure worth a try whenever I'm in the states.

Reviewed 27 January 2017 via mobile

Seriously? Can't believe this even needs a review. Portillo' s is an icon! Everyone already knows it's consistently good.

Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

I was told by the locals I couldn't leave without eating here. I ate a hotdog and beef and cheddar croissant. Took a piece of chocolate cake to go. The hotdog was just a hotdog but the croissant was delicious! I ate the cake later and it was absolutely delicious! Very fun atmosphere and fast and friendly service. Everyone should try this place. Lots of fun.

Reviewed 30 December 2016

Good place to get a beef and a Chicago dog. They understand that ketchup does not belong on a hot dog. Shakes are good too. Normally, I can't seem to find a good beef or Chicago dog from a chain place, but this place does a good job. I make a point of stopping here whenever I am near by.