“Great Mall Restaurant ”
Review of Antico Posto

Antico Posto
Reserve with OpenTable
Antico Posto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 86 Restaurants in Oak Brook
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

All I can say is wow...the food,service,ambience,and best of all great selection of wines by the glass or bottles.I had the risotto of the day hubby had shrimp and pasta and the little one had kids ravioli with Alfredo Sauce she loved it and so did we! Can't wait till I'm in the area again.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

We had a get together with good friends for dinner.
I ordered the cheese ravioli - it was excellent! Fresh and cooked just right. It had a light Alfredo sauce which wasn't heavy and complimented the pasta perfectly.
My friends had the scallop special and couldn't stop raving how delicious their dinner was!
Service was great even though it was crowded.
Would definitely recommend. Great atmosphere!

1  Thank Lisa H
Reviewed 20 August 2017

Saw this on Check Please! on PBS and always wanted to go - finally did. Homemade pasta, pizza dough, mozzarella - food was wonderful. We never felt rushed even though the place was a little busy (we went on a Thursday evening). Our server, (Daniela was the name on my receipt), gave us - honestly - the best service I have ever had at any restaurant. She was wonderful. Thank you Daniela.

We split a pizza and then had an entrée and even a half dessert order. Everything was great. I had two drinks and they did a great job with the drinks too.I find most restaurants have a bar, but it's more specialty drinks and if you order something off their menu, they do not know how to make it. Not the case here.

I would definitely go back in a heartbeat. This is one of my new favorite places.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Food was delicious. Best part was the bread dip that I could have eaten with a spoon - olive oil, Parmesan, olives and veggies. They sell it by the pint to take home for $8. Pasta was made in house from scratch and was very tasty.

Ambiance was heavier with luscious wood tables and soft lighting. Restaurant was clean and neat.

Timing for food was perfect. We spent about an hour and a half at the restaurant ordering drinks, apps, and a meal.

As far as occasions, would be a good spot for family dining, dates, or special occasions. Not a good spot for boisterous kids or people on a diet (pasta heavy menu).

Service was excellent. Restaurant has a full bar. Drinks were strong and delicious. I had an old fashioned and it was up to par but not the best I've ever had.

Seating was full. Reservations are recommended. We went on a Friday at 2 pm and most tables were full.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

The server and wait staff were all terrific. The food should be a good value for the very reasonable prices. My husband's Caesar salad was sopping wet and literally had a pool of water at the bottom of the bowl. The dressing was clearly not made in their kitchen, in spite of the marketing pitch being everything made fresh at the restaurant. My eggplant was made earlier in the day and microwaved only to the point it was room temperature. The cheese wasn't even melted. They did not have a menu item that was posted on the website, which is why we picked that restaurant. The appetizers and deserts were fantastic. It would have been a tolerable experience except for our table being infested with gnats that we're getting into everything and there were so many it was not possible to shoo or catch them all. The six of us waiving our arms attracted enough attention that we were moved to another table near the fire exit door. It had significantly less gnats, but a small number still flitted about. The server and busboys were very nice and embarrassed. Nobody in management seemed to be available, and the problem could not have been introduced by us.