All reviews ruth's chris north shore front desk staff botanical gardens pancetta the concierge lounge aveda products nice hotel free parking small bathroom breakfast buffet would definitely stay here again lobby area indoor pool mini fridge night's sleep shuttle service
Reviewed 25 March 2017

Hotel is generally fine, rooms are nice although bathrooms are showing some wear. Got a great rate on Priceline. However, our stay was very disappointing due to being placed in a room completely surrounded by rooms filled with a group of middle school kids and their chaperones. They arrived noisily around 10 PM, but the main issue was in the morning. We woke up after the first few loud door slams at 6:30, and between then and 7:45 we heard so many that we started counting. Total slam count: 145. And the doors are very loud. Would be funny if we weren't so disrupted in our attempt to sleep in on a Saturday morning. The group's chaperones even knocked on our door 3 separate times, apparently assuming our room was one of their group's rooms. Of course I understand the hotel cannot completely control their guests, but it would be obvious to try to separate individual guests from large groups of kids. Rather than stay, we left at 8am, since the noise was obviously going to continue. Needless to say, not a satisfactory stay.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank mich7872
StephenBarr_GM, General Manager at Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2017

Dear mich7872,

Thank you for taking the time to share you feedback after your recent stay with us! I'm glad to hear that you were pleased with your accommodations and the value for the rate you received online. On behalf of the hotel I apologize for the inconvenice you were caused by neighboring guests. We will make sure to use your feedback in an effort to prevent similar issues from occurring in the future. We appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and ensure your next stay with us is a more enjoyable one.

Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

I was at the Renaissance for 5 nights on business. The stay was very enjoyable. All of the staff see pleasant and attentive.
The hotel is very beautiful. There was a short situation with an elevator malfunction but that was resolved quickly.

The most impressive experience involved reporting by phone I had left something in my room. I had checked out on Friday and was at work in the local area. I called and spoke with Kathleen at the front desk and explained the situation. Kathleen contacted the director of housekeeping and she retrieved my item from the room. Kathleen contacted the hotel shuttle driver and the driver organizationed his trips to allow time to drop off my item with a valet at the place I was working for the day.

I did not have an ability to return to the hotel as I was going directly to the airport as soon as my shift ended. These three employees displayed tremendous teamwork and outstanding customer service. I travel weekly and stay in hotels many nights each week. I wish I could stay at this hotel for every assignment.

Thank you to each of you and to all the team members at Renaissance North Shore Hotel.

Karen El Rady

Trip type: Travelled on business
StephenBarr_GM, General Manager at Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2017

Dear Karen E,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent stay with us! I am very glad to hear that you were pleased with the level of service that was provided by our team during your visit and that our team was able to retrieve the item you left behind and coordinate getting it to you. I will make sure to share your feedback with our team and praise them for a job well done. We appreciate truly appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back the next time you're in the Chicago Area!

Reviewed 18 March 2017

Reception and checkin was quick.
We stayed almost one week, with our crew.
Rooms are confortable and clean.
Bar is nice.
Diner, Ballrooms and organization was fine.
Large parking is available.
Thanks.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
StephenBarr_GM, General Manager at Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2017

Dear guillaume0072014,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience! I am very glad to hear that you were pleased with the efficiency of the Reception team and found accommodations to be clean and comfortable. We truly appreciate your business and hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to the Chicago North Shore Area!

Reviewed 13 March 2017

We stayed at the first week of March. All the staff was so kind and helpful, especially Julia at the rezervation desk. All our problems was solved (like my dentist problem) and the people was guiding so well.

And the room was large and clean enough.

Hoping to stay again as soon as possible with all my family members.

1  Thank sonercebeci
StephenBarr_GM, General Manager at Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2017

Dear sonercebeci,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent stay with us! I am very glad to hear that you were satisfied with your experience overall and were pleased with the accommodations and level of service provided by our team. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back the next time your travels bring you to the Chicago North Shore Area!

Reviewed 7 March 2017

It's a nice hotel, big rooms and good bathroom, Non far from a big a nice mall for shopping. very good bar with space and good drinks. Tipical american breakfast but not many option. No fresh yogurt, cereal in small packs .... breakfast could be improve. Good service, nice gym. Free shuttle service within 5 mile it's a fantastic service!

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
StephenBarr_GM, General Manager at Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2017

Dear Patrizia D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us! I'm glad to hear that were pleased with the accommodations and service that was provided by our team. It's great to hear that you were able to join us for a relaxing evening in the bar and found our shuttle service to be convenient. We appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future!