“Don't pass up the bakery...”

Max & Benny's Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 128 Restaurants in Northbrook
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 23 May 2018

My gluten free wife loved the options here. My New York Jewish in-laws felt like they were back at home and sampled several items. My daughter loved the burger and I loved turkey club and the great desserts. Oh and the mushroom barley soup was incredible. Diane did a nice job as our server. This stop seemed to please everyone.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I love Good corned or brisket beef sandwiches!
They have the best with a great potato pancake .
Dine in or carry out. Best on the North Shore.

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

My family likes to meet here because the menu is large, there’s lots to choose from, portions are large, prices are reasonable, service is fast and friendly, and there is a lot of seating. The bakery goods are good too. And the restaurant offers special meals for Jewish holidays.

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

The Jewish Deli is a dinosaur but for the most part, the survivors are great. Max and Benny’s could held its own with the best of the old timers. Great soups like cabbage, mushroom barley and of course matzoh ball.
Big sandwiches, all on fresh baked breads and bagels. Wonderful omelettes and smoked fishes. I can’t say enough good about the place other than whenever I’m in Chicago, I never miss stopping there.

1  Thank JordanS8
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is always a hit or miss for me, and majority of the time is a miss. This time we were there for breakfast and had a horrible experience specially with the waitress. We asked if the oatmeal was wet or dry and she said it was very dry. Great, exactly what we wanted! When it came out it looked like porridge more than dry oatmeal. I would avoid this place and go to Cheesecake Factory for a great brunch instead

1  Thank David S