“Small, intimate, and excellent”
Review of House 406

House 406
Reserve with OpenTable
House 406 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 130 Restaurants in Northbrook
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 October 2018

Much more than you'd expect from a small strip-mall restaurant. A localvore type place specializing in farm to table cuisine. The place is small, reservations are a must, and a bit noisy - but this is more than made up for my the high-quality food and the inventive and original menu. Will definitely return.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Was so pleasantly surprised with this cute place in a strip mall. We started with the caprese salad, which had very fresh burrata and great chopped tomatoes with just the right amount of balsamic dressing. One of us had the scallops and loved them. I got the sea bass but had it with the set up from the whitefish and practically licked the plate. The oyster mushrooms that the fish was served upon were so delicious as was the cauliflower puree. And on Monday all wine by the bottle was half priced.

Would definitely dine here again.

Would definitely eat here again .

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 18 June 2018

My husband and I had an excellent dinner at House 406. The waiter was very friendly and knowledgeable about the food, wine and beer. My husband was thrilled to find one of his favorite beers on tap. The food was fabulous! My husband had a fillet in demi glace that was one of the best steaks he ever had. I had the seared scallops and risotto that was delicious. The risotto was perfectly al dente and the scallops were cooked perfectly. You can not pass up the lobster crostini! They were phenomenal. You also need to leave room for dessert. The chocolate Reese's cup lava cake was absolutely scrumptious! I would definitely go back if I am in the Chicago area again!

1  Thank kimhrubes
Reviewed 18 June 2018

My daughter & I took my husband to House 406 for dinner to celebrate Father's Day. We had never been there before. What a jewel of a restaurant! Great menu. Service was wonderful and the food (appetizers, main dish & desserts) were incredible and so were the wine and cocktails. We highly recommend House 406 and will definitely be back.

1  Thank vascubhab
Reviewed 12 June 2018

This was our 3rd visit to this nifty eatery in a mall in Northbrook. The decor is
understated. We were here for our 47th anniversary and the service and food
could not be better. The surprise for my wife was a small vase filled with
fresh flowers that I had requested on line. The staff delivered well. A complimentary
flute of champaigne was a nice touch. I had the sea scallops preceeded by the best steamed muscles appetizer I have had in awhile. Plump and with great broth.
The mushroom risotto for the scallops was great. My wife had the haddock also very well prepared and delicious.

Our waiter, Shaun was very attentive and pleasant. This is a great place for
a fine dining meal in our area and we will be back. And a pleasant idea is that
Monday nights the bottled wine is half price.

1  Thank fitzkneemd