“Really well-done Mediterranean fast food - a real find”

Roti Modern Mediterranean
Ranked #27 of 130 Restaurants in Northbrook
Description: We created Roti for a reason: To share our love of the Mediterranean’s delicious flavors, wholesome ingredients, and bright spices. This is food you’ll love to eat and makes you feel great.
Reviewed 12 December 2016

My wife and I had driven by several of these restaurants in the area and, as fans of Mediterranean food (falafel, roasted meats, salads, etc.), we knew we were bound to have to stop and try one some day. After eating here, we were VERY glad we did (and have eaten there again, since). The ordering process will be familiar to anyone who has been to a Chipotle - select your base (rice, salad or wrap), then your protein (falafel, chicken, lamb, etc.) and then walk down the counter, letting your server know which of the many accompanying items you'd like - veggies, spreads, cous-cous, cheese, etc.. You then walk over to check out, select a beverage (sodas, teas, beer, etc.) and you're on your way, They have a decent-sized dining area and we had no problems finding a place to sit and enjoy our meals. I had the falafel plate with rice (really, really good) while my wife enjoyed the lamb meatballs (she was very happy with those as well). The salads are well-prepared, portions are fair for the money, and the specialty teas were excellent (try the carrot ginger - wow).
Service was fast and friendly - everything you could want in a place like this. Eager to go back and try more of the menu.

Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

My oh my, the sojourn between this review and the last one has been quite long hasn't it? Anywho, this restaurant is very similar to a Golden Corral in terms of obtaining your food. However, you select the vast amount of options available for your meal and a employee prepares the meal for you. The employee that served us wasn't top notch because she was kind of impatient with me because I "took too long" because I don't eat Mediterranean cuisine all that much. The pita sandwich that I had with chicken inside was pretty delicious, and I genuinely enjoyed my visit here. The only thing I can suggest for Roti is to try and be more patient with those who don't visit the place so often.

Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

Falafel, wraps and kebabs are the star of this fast restaurant. Seems that portion sizes have been downsized of late for the puffy pita and the scoops of sides, but very delicious crispy falafel and tender kabobs. All fresh salad items made in-house. Reasonable prices. Also a great pita pizza that's not just for the kids.

Reviewed 17 May 2016

Great mediterranean food, with the option of ordering large portions for catering a party. The food was fresh, hot and delicious. Will definitely be going there again, either for myself personally or to order large portions for a party.

Reviewed 13 February 2016

We've been here a number of times. It has always been very good: fresh food/ingredients; easy ordering process; friendly staff and excellent service.

We have always selected a couple wraps; chicken and steak, along with a salad. There are many options for your wrap or salad; sides, toppings and sauces. The spicy sauces ARE spicy. I prefer the mild choices.

If you have never been to Roti, it certainly is worth a try. Dine-in, or carry-out. Either way, it's a nice, tasty change to many of the ho-hum alternatives.

Been to Roti Modern Mediterranean? Share your experiences!