“Lots of food for a reasonable price”

Mandarin Garden House
Ranked #28 of 123 Restaurants in Normal
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Mandarin Garden House is a full service Chinese restaurant offering Mandarin food, based in Normal, Illinois. We also serve Szechuan and Hunan style dishes. We offer both carry out and dine-in options, so visit us today for authentic Chinese cuisine. You will enjoy the authentic atmosphere when you dine with us. You will also find that we offer very reasonable prices for all of our fine dishes. Ample parking is provided and our seating area is spacious. In fact, we have a party room that seats 40 so you can bring the party to us. Contact us today in Normal, Illinois for authentic Chinese cuisine.
Reviewed 12 November 2017

The restaurant has a very nice atmosphere, and the food and service were very good. The portions were large for the prices. The menu offers a full range of choices. We started with the crab rangoon appetizer which was excellent. Our party of five chose chicken, seafood, and pork entrees. No one was disappointed! We had plenty of leftovers to take home.

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

We picked up carry outs, and this food was inedible for most of us at the table. We sure don’t understand the good reviews. We won’t be going back.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

I have been eating at this Restaurant for rmany years. The food is fabulous and not all dishes and sauces taste the same. Lunches are large portions and great value. I was disappointed today when I was informed that they no longer make their pickled cabbage salad. Lunch was served {last week} with soup of the day a small pickled cabbage salad that was an excellent pallet cleanser, then the main dish of your choice with fried rice and 2 fried chicken wings. I was hoping the waiter had just forgotten my cabbage but was very upset to find out they will no longer make it. I would much rather have that than a fried chicken wing you can get those anywhere. I was even more upset when they didn't seem to care. I have been a regular for 30 plus years!

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Very good lunches and dinners. Lunches include a couple of chicken wings, either egg drop or hot and sour soup, and small marinated cabbage salad (sweet, not sour). Dinner entrees are larger. Wide selection of entrees, mild to spicy/hot. Highly recommend if you like Chinese food!

1  Thank Rex P
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

My son and I had lunch here today. The food was great. The service was very good. We were just sorry that we didn't order the Sizzling Rice Soup, but we will the next time. The neighboring table ordered it and it smelled divine.