“Burritos as big as your head”

LA Bamba Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 116 Restaurants in Normal
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 26 June 2016

I have been a fan of La Bamba since the first one opened over 20 years ago in champaign. Authentic Mexican food, made by, and owned by Mexicans. Big monster super burritos, and delicious taco's are a great filler after a hard night of charging. The bbq chicken super is what I get every single time and it tastes great.

Reviewed 14 February 2016

so wanted dinner went to another place that was busy and could not answer a question if a certain dish was still available. went driving around town thought I would give these guys a try. tried the Sushi Sashimi combination. I have had better but for the cost they do a pretty decent job. the Miso soup needs some more kick, rather bland. but the Sushi and the sashimi were very passable. fresh rice needs more seasoning but soft and sticky as it should be. the fish all tasted and looked fresh. and if you dont want sushi you can still get a burrito as big as your head. good job amigos.

Reviewed 14 October 2015

Does your friend want a burrito, but you were craving sushi? Crazy, but true, La Bamba now offers sushi and it is GOOD!!!

Reviewed 30 June 2015

We eat here pretty often, we always order the same thing and the staff recognize us and know what we will want before we order. This is a casual place, very quick, and maybe not very healthy, but tastes good.

Reviewed 17 April 2015

I have to say, I was a bit surprised to see a Sushi chef working behind the counter, but everything looked fresh and it was priced right so I took a chance and ordered the California Roll and Sunset Roll to try. They were both excellent! The sushi was made right in front of you, and it was served very artistically on the plate. My husband had a burrito bowl (regular burrito minus the tortilla) and it was also good. I've had their burritos before, but I am most looking forward to going back soon for the sushi! Great addition to the menu!