“Hotel Delivery”

Rosati's Pizza-Normal
Ranked #27 of 123 Restaurants in Normal
Reviewed 2 January 2016 via mobile

After several days on the road, my husband and I were too tired to go out for dinner. He's a burger person whereas I love pizza (I, especially, enjoy trying new/local pizza places...not Pizza Hut, Domino's, etc). Rosati's appeared to fit the bill for both of us so we decided to have it delivered to our hotel room. We were NOT disappointed!

My husband said he'd rate his burger a 4 out of 5, though he wasn't thrilled with the fries (they were seasoned with something other than just salt). I give the pizza a solid 4 out of 5, as well; if not for the crust, I would give it a 5.

Don't get me wrong, the crust is NOT terrible...it just wasn't as good as I hoped/expected. For one thing, it was more dense than I prefer my crust. For another, I like a crust with the soft, yeasty goodness of a homemade bread and this crust didn't quite make it.

Now, the other ingredients, in my humble opinion, they rate a 5 all the way! I ordered pepperoni and extra cheese - They were just right! Not too much sauce (I hate it when the sauce 'glops' out), the perfect amount of meat & cheese, and a nice blend of Italian herbs lightly sprinkled on top...DELICIOUS!

One additional comment about the pizza, which does not affect my rating but I found a little strange, the pizza was cut unusually; it was a 12", round pizza cut into squares, which may not sound odd but it meant that the pieces were tiny and not even close to being uniform. Obviously, that doesn't change the taste, but it made it more difficult to handle while eating it, particularly the 2"x 2" pieces in the middle.

Would I order from here again, if given the opportunity? ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY!! But, next time, I'll try the (regular) thin crust.

Reviewed 24 April 2015 via mobile

Great service Italian beefs and pizza were tasty. Local charm w redbird spirit
All customers including take out seemed happy

Reviewed 17 February 2015 via mobile

Friends like this place, so we decided to try for a late lunch. After being told to seat ourselves, walked out after waiting 15 minutes for a server to come to the table.

1  Thank taraz76
Reviewed 3 February 2015

Good pizza and great service. It was just 2 of us and we ordered a medium pizza. Had plenty left for supper that night

Reviewed 17 January 2015

I think Rosati's is the best pizza in town. I first had it at my in laws over a year ago and thought it was pretty good. After trying the other local pizza restaurants I'm still favoring Rosati's it's at least as good as franchise pizzas like Papa John's and Pizza hut if not better.

1  Thank Aspen D