“With Six Nieces and Nephews”
Review of Steak 'n Shake

Steak 'n Shake
Ranked #53 of 125 Restaurants in Normal
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Takeout
Description: Steak 'n Shake, a classic American brand, was founded in 1934 in Normal, Illinois by Gus Belt who pioneered the concept of premium burgers and milkshakes. For over 80 years, the company's name has been symbolic of its heritage. The word "steak" stood for steakburger. The term "shake" stood for hand-dipped milkshakes. Gus was determined to serve his customers the finest burgers and shakes in the business. Today, Steak 'n Shake remains the "better burger" leader, serving premium 100% beef steakburgers, hand-dipped milkshakes, thin crispy fries, and more. Steakburgers are made without preservatives or artificial ingredients, topped with fresh produce, and always hand-crafted to order. Other classics include the Frisco Melt, 7x7, Prime Steakburgers, and fan favorite M&M milkshakes.
Reviewed 17 August 2017

We stopped for lunch with 6 nieces and nephews. The milkshakes were the best....a great hit. No disappointment. They preferred the jalapeño burgers.

A good place to stop!

Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

Restaurant was very busy at lunch with normal lunch crowd and Special olympians. The staff handled every thing with ease. My western bbq steakburger was very good.

Reviewed 8 November 2016 via mobile

It was outing with the moms. I actually eat in the sometimes and it exactly good. This time the services is terrible at the location.

Reviewed 19 September 2016

I went for breakfast while traveling, and Kacie (sp?) was my waitress. The hash browns were disappointingly soggy, and there were three small pieces of sausage in an order of biscuits and gravy, but I didn't have a chance to complain as Kacie never returned to ask how my food was and never refilled my iced tea, in spite of the fact that there was only one other party eating and I saw her standing around talking to one of the other waitresses most of the time. Even when I paid the bill, Kacie didn't have a kind word or ask about my meal. I'll return to Steak 'n' Shake as this was the first time I've had a bad experience, but I won't return to this location.

Reviewed 16 August 2016

ordered burgers.. took awhile.. seemed like disorganization.. food was ok.. frys a little cold .. this location seems to be not very consistaint...