“Busy but good service”

Ranked #66 of 120 Restaurants in Normal
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Takeout
Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

Restaurant was very busy at lunch with normal lunch crowd and Special olympians. The staff handled every thing with ease. My western bbq steakburger was very good.

Reviewed 8 November 2016 via mobile

It was outing with the moms. I actually eat in the sometimes and it exactly good. This time the services is terrible at the location.

Reviewed 19 September 2016

I went for breakfast while traveling, and Kacie (sp?) was my waitress. The hash browns were disappointingly soggy, and there were three small pieces of sausage in an order of biscuits and gravy, but I didn't have a chance to complain as Kacie never returned to ask how my food was and never refilled my iced tea, in spite of the fact that there was only one other party eating and I saw her standing around talking to one of the other waitresses most of the time. Even when I paid the bill, Kacie didn't have a kind word or ask about my meal. I'll return to Steak 'n' Shake as this was the first time I've had a bad experience, but I won't return to this location.

Reviewed 16 August 2016

ordered burgers.. took awhile.. seemed like disorganization.. food was ok.. frys a little cold .. this location seems to be not very consistaint...

Reviewed 16 August 2016

We recently have gone thru the drive thru twice. The first time it took 10 minutes to get 2 shakes - there was no "sorry for the wait" or anything. They were not busy as we sat at the window this whole time.
Second time - we both ordered meals - one of the drinks was a Sprite. I tasted it before we left and it was totally carbonation - no syrup. I told the drive up person - his response - well that one is all out...ok..why didn't you tell me that before, rather than have me possibly drive away with an undrinkable beverage...just not good service.