New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Naperville

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Naperville
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Naperville
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Will Continue to Stay Here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

Have stayed here 5 times over the last 2 months as well as many times over the last 2 yrs. It has easy access to highways for travel around the Naperville area. Clean hotel with staff that is always friendly & very helpful. They welcome you with hot chocolate, coffee, or fruit water, along with cookies in the lobby. Rates are very reasonable & if you stay often they will negotiate. Upgrades are offered when available. Hot breakfast menu is changed daily, so it doesn't become monotonous during 3-4 day stays. Free shuttle is nice if you want to eat downtown (avoids parking issues). Love having microwave & refrigerator for saving & eating dinner leftovers. Will be back soon!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
SadieKealey, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Naperville, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
Thank you tulsastraveler1219! We really appreciate your review and are so pleased to have left such a positive impression. We look forward to having you back with us and hearing you say "I love this Country!" Join us each Wednesday for our Guest Reception in the Lounge from 5P.M.-7P.M., see you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Alexandria, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

WOULD NOT STAY HERE AGAIN. Stayed in room 214, January 11-16, 2012. The room was uncomfortably warm and stuffy the entire stay. We had the heat turned off and the temperature set to lowest setting and heat continued. The high temperature made sleeping uncomfortable and almost impossible. We didn’t sleep well the entire stay. We spent time in the lobby area just to escape the room heat. Front desk and building engineer indicated this was due to a two pipe heating and cooling system. The hotels solution was to "check system" and provide a box fan. All this did was circulate the hot air. (The windows were sealed and did not open so fresh air was not an option.) I think this is an unacceptable excuse and management is indifferent to the plight of its guests. A follow up email from the hotel operations manager confirmed the problem and he offered a future free night. (Damage already done, no way I’m going back. Don’t cook the customers. ) Hint: If the outside temperature is unseasonably warm, make a system temperature adjustment. It snowed while we were there so it wasn’t that warm outside. Relocation upon first of several heat complaint comments on our part would have been the correct measure at the front desk level. When the customer needs a fan due to heat this is a very good clue something is amiss….
The breakfast was usual fare. The waffle makers were dirty the mornings I tried having one. I ended up tossing them because they had gross black flecks all over them and were saturated in oil. The attendant who ran the breakfast area would rudely close up the area by removing all the selection utensils stranding guests who were mid-selection along the buffet line. Poor customer relations, rude is just rude… Attendant should pay more attention to keeping the buffet clean and less time in the kitchen with the blaring radio… A “good morning” greeting wouldn’t hurt either.
Housekeeping staff pleasant, room was clean and well kept.
In retrospect I should have followed my initial instinct and checked out as there were other options close by.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Jim C
SadieKealey, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Naperville, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and supply us with your feedback, we appreciate it.
I understand that our Operations Manager has been in contact with you; however, I thought I would reach out as well. We value your business and would greatly appreciate the opportunity to have you be our guests again. Please contact me directly should you find you find yourself back in the area, it would be my pleasure to serve you.
jef-ind
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

This hotel is well located just south of I-88 off of Naperville Road. This was the first time that I had stayed there. All the hotels in this area seem to be a bit higher priced than in some other areas of the western suburbs. This one seemed pricey to me, but it was in line with others in the area. Like most Country Inns I've stayed in around the country, the staff was extremely courteous and helpful. They seem to train their staff well to welcome you well... The hotel's common areas were well maintained and attractive. The facility itself was a bit older and some of the features in the rooms (telephones, televisions) were dated, but overall it was extremely clean and with good staffing. Would highly recommend.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you, we appreciate your comments! I noticed that you were traveling with business. Please feel free to contact me the next time you are in the area. I would be happy to discuss our corporate rate opportunities with you! Take care.
California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

This hotel offered me free shuttle service to and from my event with no hassle. The bartender at the hotel was similarly kind and courteous. Highly recommended!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
SadieKealey, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Naperville, responded to this review, 27 January 2012
Thank you very much for the review, we appreciate your feedback! I have passed this along to our bartender and staff as well. Please let us know the next time your travels bring you to the Naperville area, it would be our pleasure to serve you again.
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

Country Inn and Suites and thier staff has been excellent! The staff has provided excellent customer service. I am so pleased with everything, that I am going back soon for another extended stay. They are all giving me the home away from home experience

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Keith, thank you very much! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. If you have a need for corporate pricing in our area please contact me, I would love the opportunity to learn about your business and how we can work together. Take care