“Tasty Seafood, Steaks, & Frog Legs”

Hugo's Frog Bar & Fish House - Naperville
Reserve with OpenTable
Hugo's Frog Bar & Fish House - Naperville is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 513 Restaurants in Naperville
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Van Buren
Transit: METRA
Reviewed 15 August 2018

This is one of my favorite restaurants for lunch, in Naperville, although it is not by the River side that runs through downtown.
I prefer the outdoor seating area, since I find indoors a little too noisy.
The Menu choices are very good. Some of my favorites are the Lobster Rolls, Filet Mignon, Sliders, Avocado and Crab, and fresh fish entrees. My wife also likes their Frog Legs, for a change.
Very good value for lunch, but rather high-end at night.

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Great fast lunch on Sunday. I ordered the buffalo shrimp salad. It was amazing. So much shrimp, literally a shrimp with every bite. The shrimp was spicy, perfect buffalo style, not to over powering. They dress the salad, and I would recommend this. However, some people might say a bit to much dressing, but I thought it was perfect. I also had fried fish sliders with the salad. They were perfect. Spicy mayo and pickle. Great lunch. Great server as well. I will be back soon.

1  Thank Anthony G
Reviewed 7 August 2018

I love Hugos Frog Bar, have not been in awhile but its great food , friendly people, sometimes nice piano music, jusst love it. Have always had a good time w friends.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

In the summer this is my favorite lunch place with friends or business colleagues. The outdoor patio is away from the street,has a burbling fountain and numerous shade-producing umbrellas. The food is consistently very good and quite reasonably priced at lunch. With $2 soups and salads you could actually eat for under $10. Fish tacos, sliders and entree salads are always reliable choices. Service can be a bit perfunctory at lunch but it does not detract from the atmosphere.
They do not take reservations for the patio so before 12 or after 1:30 is your best bet for getting a spot at this lovely location.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

My wife and I enjoyed Hugo's patio for a date-night dinner in downtown Naperville. Unlike many of the other outdoor dining options in downtown Naperville, Hugo's does NOT border a major street, intersection, or parking lot! The patio's in an enclosed area and has a nice fountain. Umbrellas and a pergola provide shade. Overall, this provides a nice place for a meal. Note: proceed straight to the outdoor host/hostess station rather than going inside the restaurant (where you'll be directed outside).

The service was good, and the food was decent. The seating was very casual and the slatted tables needed some cleaning; I found a used cocktail straw and bits of food in between the slats.

Our order consisted of a chicken sandwich (with garlic aioli), carprese salad with salmon, one soft drink, one dessert, and a coffee. The chicken was tender, but the overall sandwich was bland. Similarly, the salmon was OK but not great. The key lime pie was tasty (nice merengue) and included what appeared to be real whipped cream.

Our server was attentive without being pushy.

Bottom line: Nice setting and service. OK food. Our bill was about $54 -- which seem pricey for the casual setting and food quality.