“Great Lunch”

Hugo's Frog Bar & Fish House - Naperville
Reserve with OpenTable
Hugo's Frog Bar & Fish House - Naperville is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 489 Restaurants in Naperville
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Van Buren
Transit: METRA
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Great fast lunch on Sunday. I ordered the buffalo shrimp salad. It was amazing. So much shrimp, literally a shrimp with every bite. The shrimp was spicy, perfect buffalo style, not to over powering. They dress the salad, and I would recommend this. However, some people might say a bit to much dressing, but I thought it was perfect. I also had fried fish sliders with the salad. They were perfect. Spicy mayo and pickle. Great lunch. Great server as well. I will be back soon.

1  Thank Anthony G

Reviewed 7 August 2018

I love Hugos Frog Bar, have not been in awhile but its great food , friendly people, sometimes nice piano music, jusst love it. Have always had a good time w friends.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

In the summer this is my favorite lunch place with friends or business colleagues. The outdoor patio is away from the street,has a burbling fountain and numerous shade-producing umbrellas. The food is consistently very good and quite reasonably priced at lunch. With $2 soups and salads you could actually eat for under $10. Fish tacos, sliders and entree salads are always reliable choices. Service can be a bit perfunctory at lunch but it does not detract from the atmosphere.
They do not take reservations for the patio so before 12 or after 1:30 is your best bet for getting a spot at this lovely location.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

My wife and I enjoyed Hugo's patio for a date-night dinner in downtown Naperville. Unlike many of the other outdoor dining options in downtown Naperville, Hugo's does NOT border a major street, intersection, or parking lot! The patio's in an enclosed area and has a nice fountain. Umbrellas and a pergola provide shade. Overall, this provides a nice place for a meal. Note: proceed straight to the outdoor host/hostess station rather than going inside the restaurant (where you'll be directed outside).

The service was good, and the food was decent. The seating was very casual and the slatted tables needed some cleaning; I found a used cocktail straw and bits of food in between the slats.

Our order consisted of a chicken sandwich (with garlic aioli), carprese salad with salmon, one soft drink, one dessert, and a coffee. The chicken was tender, but the overall sandwich was bland. Similarly, the salmon was OK but not great. The key lime pie was tasty (nice merengue) and included what appeared to be real whipped cream.

Our server was attentive without being pushy.

Bottom line: Nice setting and service. OK food. Our bill was about $54 -- which seem pricey for the casual setting and food quality.

Reviewed 27 July 2018

If you are looking for a cheap, quick place to eat, this is not the place for you. We were not in a hurry, so we didn't mind that we were in the restaurant for almost 2 hours. When we first sat down, but young man pouring water, spilled water and ice on me and just said "sorry" he didn't offer to clean up the mess he made or offer me an extra napkin to wipe myself off with. We ordered the cheese and bread appetizer and it was very good. My daughter ordered the firecracker shrimp as her meal along with a salad. She enjoyed hers very much. I ordered the lobster mac and cheese with a salad. When everyone's food came out, they forgot my mac and cheese, so I had only a salad to eat while the rest of my group ate their meals. When the mac and cheese finally came out I was told they made it wrong the first time. The portion was plenty, but it lacked in a cheesy taste. I think I found one tiny piece of lobster in my whole bowl. We sat outside on the patio and that was very enjoyable. Our waitress was nice, but we didn't see much of her once she took our order.