“Consistently Top Notch”

Harrison House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Naperville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 July 2017

We stayed at Harrison House a year ago for a couple of days and were so charmed and pleased with our experience that we made a point of staying there again when we passed through the area again this past week.

As before, we we charmed with the location. And,we were pleased to see the additional investment that Debbie and her husband have made in the home since we were last there, including some significant upgrades in our room: Debbie made a point of putting us into the same room we had last time (in part because she remembered some of our special requirements).

We were amazed at how much she remembered about us from our last visit; and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Harrison House will definitely remain the first B&B we check for availability whenever we will be passing the Chicago area!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Allen V
Debbie B, Owner at Harrison House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2017

Allen, it was so wonderful seeing you, AJ and your beautiful wife again! Mark and I really appreciate your continued patronage and excellent reviews! We feel blessed to get the chance to you all again. Our best to your family and Mom & Dad!

Reviewed 6 July 2017

Loved my stay here. Mark and Debbie are wonderful hosts, and the breakfasts were incredible. They also provided snacks and drinks so that when you came in you could always grab a little something to eat or drink. Would highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Loved my sunshine room
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank 22Jeanie22
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Visiting the Morton Arboretum and decided to stay an extra day. Normally I would investigate a B&B before reserving, but this was a spur of the moment stay. Luckily, there was a room.

The graciousness yet unobtrusiveness of the hosts was evident throughout. Tastefully decorated and well stocked, the stay was just what the doctor ordered. The whirlpool tub was great for my sore muscles from a day of hiking. The bed was comfortable and the thirsty thick towels were a joy.

I thought our stay was great, until we had breakfast. Our stay was definitely more than great! The carrot cake smoothie was a pleasant surprise while waiting for the rest of breakfast, so pleasant that we and another guest inquired about the recipe. Then the organic, locally baked breads, butters, cheeses, nitrate free ham, kale feta omelet, tomato and hash browns. All organic, all excellent. While awaiting breakfast, the front wrap around porch was a great place to wake up with my cup of coffee.

One last thing -- the location was unbelievable. A quick 3 block walk to the downtown area of Naperville. I'd never been there, but I now prefer it to a weekend in Galena. This had nice shops that I actually want to buy things in. Bought some nice dresses at a cute dress shop for my college daughter and things for my younger daughter at the Hanna store. Tons of dining options, topped off by hosts to make suggestions, give a coupon and offer directions.

My next girls day with my young adult daughters will be here!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank TammyTripster123
Reviewed 23 January 2017

Mark and Debbie are exceptional innkeepers. The Harrison House has the character of a 113 year old home w/the modern amenities one would hope for - WiFi, TV's, large bathrooms a few with deep, soaker tubs - in addition to being walking distance to all of downtown Naperville, IL. I parked in their off-street parking Friday evening, and didn't have to get back in my vehicle until Sunday when I went home. Debbie ensures guest's quisine is healthy, organic, and satisfying. The meals were as eye-appealing as they were delicious. As a writer, I stayed with them for the weekend to work on my book. They appointed me to Fleur de Lis room at the back of the house, away from the general hub-bub normal to a BnB. With the help of their TLC, I managed to write an additional 3 chapters of my book - huge accomplishment! Thank you, Debbie and Mark! I will be back!

Room Tip: Tell Debbie your needs and she will help you choose the best room.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank MarLar31
Reviewed 19 December 2016

Mark and Deb are superb hosts. They think of many little things that make your stay perfect. I could write a long review, but it would be a waste of time - this place, the experience and the hosts are as good as it gets. We will return and hopefully do so many times again

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple