“One of my favorites”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Very good food. Most Olive Gardens are hit or miss. This one was good. Love the soups and lasagna is my favorite.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

My husband and I thought we would try Olive Garden for a change (Naperville, RT 59) because we had not dined there in quite a while. Well... it was a mistake! We were seated quickly (Sunday early evening) which we thought was fantastic. However, once seated, at our 2-seat booth, nice (and new) waitress asked too quickly what we wanted to drink (needed at least a couple of minutes to think about drinks, right?). We then realized our table area seemed “extremely busy”. After ordering our meal, we felt like our booth was at the bottom of an escalator, during rush hour, at Union Train Station!!! Waiter traffic was UNBELIEVABLE! They just kept passing our table in great numbers. In addition, hostesses were seating people as others were leaving the restaurant. WHY would Olive Garden arrange tables in what I would call an "alley"? The layout needs to be redone for both, customers and waiters. And oh... my steak with pasta had NO pink inside (I ordered medium). Break stick are always good and our sangria wine was nice. However, our visit was not worth the price for what we received.
My advice to Olive Garden: REMODEL! Just do it .. it’s time to! Simply, rearrange the floor plan. Sometimes, a customer can deal with "just ok" food. But when the atmosphere is lousy, it makes for a miserable dining experience.
ALMOST FORGOT... semi-private table area above us was totally empty, although Olive Garden states it does not take “reservations”. AND... manager stopped by with the usual “How’s it going”? I told him traffic was awful. He replied, “On your next visit, just say you don’t want “2-seat booth.” (I thought, “Really!? What!?)

Reviewed 4 March 2018

On 3/3/18 we decided to have dinner at the Naperville location by the fox valley mall. It was a busy Saturday so we dedicated to order an appetizer before our entrees because we were hungry and thought our food would take at least 20 minutes. Very pleased to say our appetizer came out within minutes and before we could finish it our entrees were ready. On the last bite or so of our appetizer I bit on something very hard that almost broke my tooth! I thought at first it was a piece of cracked black pepper but when I spit it out, it turned out to be a small chunk of glass! Luckily I didn't swallow it! Manager Jackie McLean apologized, took the rest of our appetizer away, and said she would return. So after we finished dinner Manager Jackie McLean never came back to our table like she said she would and try to maybe explain the almost deadly situation! When everything was said and done our hostess compensated us on a free dessert! Very upset with Manager Jackie McLean!

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

We went here for the first & last time today. Not only was there a 25 minute wait while there were tons of open tables (that stayed open the whole time we where there), the hostess was totally inappropriate. If this was my restaurant I would have fired her. Not at all professional, was quite rude to customers and had her hair flying around all over the place. I understand she's not serving food but she should still have her hair up because she played with it several times and walked people to their tables. Also the steak gorgonzola was frezzer burnt, then they ran out of bread @ 5pm - seriously? They charged $8 for a martini that wasn't even a full glass. The olive garden we normally go to doesn't give you a half martini. I get Naperville has some 6oz law but then they should lower the price. Not to mention there was either no alcohol or so little it wasn't even funny. I had 2 martinis and didn't even get that warm feeling I would get from 1. Seriously save your money and go to little Italy Maggianos. Not only amazing food but better prices & drinks. Seriously go there.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Everything about this place was good. The manager knew how to take care of his customers. I love their bread sticks.

Date of visit: August 2017

Been to Olive Garden? Share your experiences!