“Nice place, not so nice food.”

Walker's Char House
Ranked #69 of 488 Restaurants in Naperville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 April 2018

Since my daughter just moved to Naperville, we all decided to try one of the local restaurants there. We chose Walkers, a cute restaurant in a strip mall location. I was going to have some kind of steak, but the menu contained a different spin on a pork chop. It was a pretzel encrusted pork chop which both my wife and I ordered. We ordered calamari for an appetizer which was very good, our salads came out which were average size and properly chilled. My daughter ordered the Caprese chicken. Her chicken consisted of chunks of chicken with mozzarella cheese and tomato and basil on top. Small portions but tasted pretty good. Then our pork chops came out. These things were soft to the touch with grill marks on them and a paste of something on the top. After tasting, I could taste charcoal lighter within the meat. The meat was not of your average pork chop. They were soft and very chewy not easily swallowed. I could eat about half of one of the chops. My wife only ate a quarter of hers. We didn’t comment on the bad taste until our daughter finished hers. Not wanting to complain, we allowed our server to wrap up the remaining two chops. We paid and marked off this place forever

Reviewed 25 March 2018

This place has great food. I always try something different. Salmon and salads are good also. Great service and manage always is attentive. Cozy dining room and they have a bar.
Prices are reasonable.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

I used Trip Advisor to find a place for our mother's 88th birthday dinner.
The food was wonderful, the owner was very attentive and we had a great
conversations with him. Our server was charming and delightful. I had the
wonderful Chicken Marsala, my husband had fab coconut shrimp and our
mom had a delish hamburger. Be sure to have the bread pudding. It was
so different from any I have ever had, it was memorable. The place is small
and quite loud, but all in good fun.

1  Thank barbarajane12
Reviewed 17 February 2018

I had the salmon Florentine, with rice pilaf, it was delicious and had the other half the next day. Others in our party had the seafood pasta, and the rib eye. Kathy was our server and she was one of the best ever. Came running out to our car when my daughter who was on crutches, left her cell phone behind Loved the hot bread, good salad too! Comfortable place in a strip mall!

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Called mid-afternoon to book a table for 11, owner called us back and said they could work us in at 7. I have some very fussy eaters, one in particulate raved about her cheeseburger and fries. 2 people had steaks- perfectly cooked, pork tenderloin was also great, salmon also cooked perfectly. They cleared the tables as quickly as possible for us so we did not have to wait more than 5 minutes on a busy night. Brian checked on us several times but there was no need as Katie was giving us excellent service. My son said brandy ice better that in Wisconsin. Thank you to Kat and Brian for handing all of us so well. My kids were very happy they stayed an extra night and got to eat here.