“Great "Old Time" restaruant”

Walker's Char House
Reserve with OpenTable
Walker's Char House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #69 of 489 Restaurants in Naperville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 March 2018

I used Trip Advisor to find a place for our mother's 88th birthday dinner.
The food was wonderful, the owner was very attentive and we had a great
conversations with him. Our server was charming and delightful. I had the
wonderful Chicken Marsala, my husband had fab coconut shrimp and our
mom had a delish hamburger. Be sure to have the bread pudding. It was
so different from any I have ever had, it was memorable. The place is small
and quite loud, but all in good fun.

1  Thank barbarajane12

Reviewed 17 February 2018

I had the salmon Florentine, with rice pilaf, it was delicious and had the other half the next day. Others in our party had the seafood pasta, and the rib eye. Kathy was our server and she was one of the best ever. Came running out to our car when my daughter who was on crutches, left her cell phone behind Loved the hot bread, good salad too! Comfortable place in a strip mall!

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Called mid-afternoon to book a table for 11, owner called us back and said they could work us in at 7. I have some very fussy eaters, one in particulate raved about her cheeseburger and fries. 2 people had steaks- perfectly cooked, pork tenderloin was also great, salmon also cooked perfectly. They cleared the tables as quickly as possible for us so we did not have to wait more than 5 minutes on a busy night. Brian checked on us several times but there was no need as Katie was giving us excellent service. My son said brandy ice better that in Wisconsin. Thank you to Kat and Brian for handing all of us so well. My kids were very happy they stayed an extra night and got to eat here.

Reviewed 1 January 2018

A group of 10 visited on a Saturday night.. Food was excellent, the service was about perfect.. We had the filet and lobster special, perfectly done.. First time there in many years and we will go back.. I cannot remember our servers name but she was professional, pleasant and handled all of our special requests.. A pleasure.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Went there for the 1st time and had a great dinner experience. The ribs are tender and the sauce is flavor full. My wife had the chicken piccata. Three big pieces that she couldn't finish. The key lime pie is the best we've had. Not only is the food great priced right but the service is outstanding. We'll be back.