“Good food, good service”

Walker's Char House
Ranked #69 of 489 Restaurants in Naperville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 February 2018

I had the salmon Florentine, with rice pilaf, it was delicious and had the other half the next day. Others in our party had the seafood pasta, and the rib eye. Kathy was our server and she was one of the best ever. Came running out to our car when my daughter who was on crutches, left her cell phone behind Loved the hot bread, good salad too! Comfortable place in a strip mall!

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Called mid-afternoon to book a table for 11, owner called us back and said they could work us in at 7. I have some very fussy eaters, one in particulate raved about her cheeseburger and fries. 2 people had steaks- perfectly cooked, pork tenderloin was also great, salmon also cooked perfectly. They cleared the tables as quickly as possible for us so we did not have to wait more than 5 minutes on a busy night. Brian checked on us several times but there was no need as Katie was giving us excellent service. My son said brandy ice better that in Wisconsin. Thank you to Kat and Brian for handing all of us so well. My kids were very happy they stayed an extra night and got to eat here.

Reviewed 1 January 2018

A group of 10 visited on a Saturday night.. Food was excellent, the service was about perfect.. We had the filet and lobster special, perfectly done.. First time there in many years and we will go back.. I cannot remember our servers name but she was professional, pleasant and handled all of our special requests.. A pleasure.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Went there for the 1st time and had a great dinner experience. The ribs are tender and the sauce is flavor full. My wife had the chicken piccata. Three big pieces that she couldn't finish. The key lime pie is the best we've had. Not only is the food great priced right but the service is outstanding. We'll be back.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

All I can say is that we were sorely disappointed that we did not order a steak. Been wanting to go there for awhile and I really was bummed at the meal. They had a special on beef wellington and I’ve only had it anywhere a couple of times, so I thought what the hey. Hubby followed suit and ordered the double beef wellington. We both started with salads and bread. The salads had fresh greens, bacon and cheese. I went with the herbed creamy garlic and hubby went with the blue cheese. Creamy garlic was one of the better garlic dressings I had, with a less strong garlic flavor, which was nice. Bleu cheese had lots of chunks, but the dressing base was so-so. Not so much flavor. The bread was crisp on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside. Very good.

I knew the beef wellington had a veal pate on the top of it, under the puff pastry and wasn’t sure about that, but thought oh, it should be ok. It. Was. Not. Ok. YUCK! Neither one of us liked it. I thought, ok, well I’ll just scrape it off and drown it in the sauce to cover the left over taste and it will be fine. DISASTER. I did not like the sauce and neither did hubby. He said it was just too rich, but I just did not like the flavor. I cannot even describe it, but it wasn’t like when I had it elsewhere two or three times before. Seriously should have gotten a steak!!!! And the flavor of everything just put me off even when I tried to just eat the meat and the puff pastry. There was no saving it.
Well that left room for dessert!! The apple strudel took a few minutes, because it came out warm, with a good scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. It was warm caramel, apple heaven on a plate!! Really delicious.

Service was good, very quick and efficient and the restaurant is really peaceful and good for a romantic date.
And look for Entertainment.com coupons. Bill was $44, but we used a $20 off coupon. SCORE!!! We will be going back. And next time I’ll be reviewing the steak!!!

I am not docking lots of points for the beef wellington, because everything else was really good. I think their steaks will be better. Next time I go, I will revise this review after trying something else.