“Good food at reasonable price”

Meatheads Burgers & Fries
Ranked #108 of 513 Restaurants in Naperville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 26 June 2017

My wife and I have had lunch here on several occasions. The chicken sandwiches are typically moist and tasty. The burgers are good but not the best in town. The fries are quote tasty and the service is consistently good.

Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

The flavor and freshness is here, but unfortunately the burger was just to greasy. I had to use dawn to wash my hands after eating. And it left a thick greasy taste afterwards. The Cajun fries were tasty but again messy. The Cajun seasoning was all over the bag, my burger container, my hands. I made a big mess simply taking my food out of the bag. The food was average overall otherwise. I think I'd prefer Five Guys for burgers. I didn't try the other items like chicken or fish. Those may be a better experience.

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

Went through the drive through for a Rueben sandwich. Disappointed it was made with two thin hamburgers, instead of corned beef. Everything else was correct- rye bread, thousand island dressing, chopped onions, swiss cheese.

Reviewed 5 March 2017

Americans are fast-food junkies. When was the last time a family of five sat around a table and enjoyed a home-cooked dinner complete with homey conversation? But it is what it is. Ma and Pa both work, the kids play different sports and everybody says 'Hi' while running in and out the front door. They might have one thing in common: they all might meet at Meatheads Burgers and Fries, the relatively new "always fresh and made to order" counter-serve chain that has 17 locations in the Chicago suburbs, Normal, Bloomington, Champaign, Munster and Schererville. They're in business to compete with the fast-food giants McDonald's, Burger King and Wendy's and they are attracting a loyal following with their 100 percent Certified Angus beef, no filler or additives, fries fresh cut daily from only Idaho russet potatoes and wide variety of creative burgers, sandwiches, hot dogs, fries, salads and shakes. This is a different approach to the fast-food industry and people seem to be paying attention. Success is a 1/3 or 1/2-pound Meathead burger with all the trimmings or a Cajun Sunrise sandwich with Cajun fresh-cut fries or chicken tenders and a grilled or crispy chicken sandwich or New England style hot dogs served on a toasted split-top bun or a chopped wedge salad or a hand-dipped milk shake that comes in six flavors--chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, mocha, coffee or oreo. We got a wonderful introduction to the chain at the Meatheads' location at 2555 West 75th Street in Naperville. The service is friendly. They actually seem pleased to see you. Oh, they've added something new to the menu, maybe on a trial basis. But early reviews on the fish and chips and fish sandwich indicate they may be added permanently. You never can get enough of a good thing. And Meatheads seems to know what it's doing.

Reviewed 21 July 2016

I go here at least once a month to get my grease fix-definitely a comfort food stop for my family, but it is a little pricey. The shakes are really good. I especially like the seasonal Banana Split shake. They give huge portions of fries. We prefer the cajun fries. They are not burn your face off hot, but have a great flavor and almost always come crisp. The burgers can be a little too greasy, but since we are usually there for that, it is not a huge complaint. If you get anything with jalepenos on it, be prepared to hold on to your hat because they are HAWT! I love the Hawaiian burger, but I have to take the peppers off and just leave the juice to bring the heat down enough for me to eat it. They have a nice mix of burger toppings to create interesting experiences. The service is sometimes great and sometimes OMG slow. I have actually left a couple times because I got so frustrated waiting, but I always give them another chance because I lover the food.