“Best Hotel in Naperville - exceeding expectations” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Arista at CityGate Centre

Hotel Arista at CityGate Centre
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Naperville
Naperville, Illinois
“Best Hotel in Naperville - exceeding expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

My husband booked a room at the Arista to celebrate my birthday. This hotel is gorgeous and the hotel staff is very nice and accomodating. Even though the room rates are on the higher side, you can get good deals on their website. You can pre-order room ammenities like the Wi gaming system and a white noise machine at no cost. These were in our corner room upon arrival. The corner room we had was beautiful and had great features. There is a TV in the bathroom mirror, a nice soaking tub, and separate shower. We loved the options in the mini bar and enjoyed room service. We went to Morton's for dinner, which is a 5 minute drive. We ended our evening at the Sugar Toad bar for a night cap. We were the only ones at the bar, but the bartender did not greet us right away as she was busy cleaning her glassware. She did not seem too interested in serving us either. Other than that, we had a great experience at the Arista and will be back.

Room Tip: Book a corner room - floor to ceiling windows
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Thonie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Jefferson City, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

I booked a business stay at this hotel for a trip in December, 2011. Unfortunately, I had to cancel the trip due to illness. I cancelled by phone with them more than 24 hours in advance of my planned stay and was then advised I "was required" to cancel online because they have a separate system for on-line reservations and their two systems don’t talk to each other.” So I cancelled online also, more than 24 hours in advance. Guess what.... they charged my credit card for the full amount anyway. I was forced to go through my credit card company to have the charge removed, despite several calls to the management of this hotel. Be very, very careful if you plan on staying here. You'd better be sure your trip goes through as planned because if have to cancel they will attempt to take your money anyway.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank JasAceTraveler
HotelArista, Manager at Hotel Arista at CityGate Centre, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Dear Sir,

We are sorry for the complication you had with cancelling your reservation and regret that you had to involve your credit card company in order to have the charge resolved. We do apologize.

We do ask our guests to cancel the reservation the same way it was originally booked because of the fees we pay for all reservations booked online, including our own website. When the cancellation is passed through the interface we are not billed for the reservation. Moreover, if a travel agent is involved they too are aware of your cancelled itinerary.

Kind Regards,

HotelArista
Dallas, Texas, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

stayed at Naperville in early Dec 2011. Upon checkout got a receipt for stay. Saw another $8+ on to CC, upon calling your hotel I was told it was for the items missing in minibar. Since I did not use the minibar, I requested the customer service person to remove the charges and they agreed.

Spurious charge makes me mad...

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank somas114
Orange County, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2011

I narmaly do not write hotel reviews while traveling on business but this is an exception. The staff was great, the room was phenomina (tv in the bathroom mirror) Lots of space. Shower and bath tub in the bathroom. The only think I could not find in the room was the thermostat.... I looked everywhere but did not have the will to call the front desk. so it was a little warmer then I would have normally liked. You can't go wrong with this hotel. In fact I am abandoning the Courtyard and will be staying here in the future when I travel to Chicago.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank PTwice
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2011

If you are staying uptown, this would be a good choice if you are around the neighborhood. The hotel has a modern design and a very relax color scheme. There isn't a lot of things around the hotel and hotel outlets are kept to a minimum, you will definitely need a car to get around. A lot of little things done right, such as TV on the bathroom mirror, etc.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Naperville
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago-Naperville
The Herrington Inn & Spa
Hampton Inn Chicago Naperville
0.8 km away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Naperville/Aurora

Been to Hotel Arista at CityGate Centre? Share your experiences!