“The jury’s still out”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery
Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

The Ogden location was always great when Dick Portillo owned the chain (I even saw him putting orders together there once) but service quality took a huge dive after he sold it. And it seemed the food quality dropped as well, to the point where I avoided Portillo’s except as a last resort.

I drove through a few nights ago though and service had definitely improved and the quality was closer to pre-corporate days.

Time will tell if this is just a temporary uptick or if things have really turned around.

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

Portllo's has an enormous selection of different items at reasonable prices with excellent quality and taste. I enjoyed everything I have ever tried.

Reviewed 13 December 2017

Visiting from out of town, we came here for lunch with our family who live in Naperville. They highly recommend this place and we can see why. It was especially crowded on Saturday afternoon. We ate inside - the drive through lanes were packed and staff members were taking orders in the parking lot from the long lines of cars.

Our assortment of foods was great and we all enjoyed our meal. I had the cheese-steak on a croissant - I lost track of the calories. My wife had a loaded hot dog. Both were really good. There was quite a wait for the food but worth the wait. They clean up the tables pretty quickly and the atmosphere is really casual. Check out the decorations.

Reviewed 13 December 2017

Yes the hot dog, Italian beef, italian sausage are all yummy. But try a burger once. Charbroiled. Really good. We go here at least 2 times a month. It may look busy but the place is fast. I mean really fast at moving people in and out. At peak hours although they have two or three people busing tables they can get behind, but be patient. The only thing I tried and di not like was the chicken sandwich. I do not recommend that. Chicken was very dry and I do not think they serve much of that. Best Italian beef around.

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

Food is great beef sandwich is excellent customer service is excellent love this place very plansant and perfesional all food is good and have the greatest salads