“Does not get better than this”
Review of Maya's Restaurant

Maya's Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 109 Restaurants in Mundelein
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 17 December 2015

Authentic Mexican served in a very comfortable environment by a great family staff. The prices are absurdly low for the quality. Try the Carne Asada - it is remarkable.

Reviewed 12 December 2015

Went to Mayas for lunch with a friend. The restaurant has outstanding food. For lunch they offered us free soup. I ordered a whole wheat chicken wrap panini. They asked if I wanted fruit or fries. I chose fruit. My friend ordered the samething but not as a panini.
Service was excellent. It is a family affair. Maya is the cook and his daughter and wife handle everything elso.

1  Thank StanKIL
Reviewed 19 November 2015

We were looking for a Mexican place for lunch and found Maya's. Once we saw the menu, half the group ordered breakfast instead and they were the winners! Starters is chips and salsa. Fantastic homemade chips but an awful excuse for salsa. I was the big loser by ordering the pork burrito. It was mostly lettuce in a wheat tortilla, very disappointing. My father-in-law ordered 3 tacos (1-chicken,1-steak,1-pork) and they were so full of meat he couldn't finish them and the chicken was the stand out winner. My son ordered caramel apple french toast. WOW! My wife had a guacamole omelet which got a thumbs up.

Reviewed 3 November 2015

Authentic and very well-prepared Mexican food with an extensive menu and all items made fresh. Wait staff is apparently family and could not be nicer or more efficient. Only rub is that they do not have desserts but my friend and I shared an order of fantastic blueberry crepes. They serve breakfast lunch and dinner.

Reviewed 2 November 2015

Hard to stay away from this fabulous, family-owned restaurant!!!! The service and food are beyond excellent! VERY highly recommended.