“Enjoyable Stay”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Mount Vernon
Reviewed 12 May 2017

I reviewed this hotel before, but, to be honest, it was so long after the stay that I hardly remembered specifics! What I did remember was a really sweet and funny desk clerk named Debbie! I recognized her immediately and told her we had been there the day of the water main break. She remembered that day as particularly challenging, to say the least.

This time, they were actually painting the pool area, which disappointed my husband, who LOVES hot tubs, but they were finished by 4pm (an hour earlier than stated), so he was able to enjoy the water before it was time for happy hour. We received 4 drink tickets, so why not take advantage? Not a great spread--hot dogs, buns and chips, with beer and wine, but we're not fussy. It turned out to be our dinner.

Our room was spacious, with obviously new carpeting, and the biggest fridge we've ever encountered in a Choice hotel. The freezer compartment was large, with a separate door, which was great, since we needed to freeze the ice bags for our cooler for our last day on the road.

The bed, as always, was super comfortable, with pillows that were softer and harder, instead of all the same.

The free wifi was easy and fast, and they actually had high def service on the TV, so the picture was crystal clear. It bugs me to have high def TVs and no high def service, so everyone looks fat and blurry.

I was not so crazy about the coffee maker, which had the plastic container with the coffee packet inside. I hate all that plastic being thrown away! They partially made up for it by having paper, not plastic or styrofoam, plates at breakfast. Speaking of breakfast, it was the usual, with scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy (Really? We're in Illinois, not the deep South! That gravy grosses me out!), waffles, cereal and fruit.

We probably will stay here again, because it's in the right spot on our journey from Florida to Wisconsin, but also because of Debbie, and because the hotel tries hard to accommodate.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank krisreger

Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

I travel on a few occasions with my husband for business, and this Comfort Suites was our host for one night.

Sleep-wise, we feel thankful it was only one. The bed proved a lot hard, which snatches extra stars from the stay right off the top. Little sleep = fewer stars.

We had a clean room, plenty of towels and amazing water pressure never before seen this side of Paradise. Great range of channels on the tv during Stanley Cup play-offs.

Breakfast was, as our kids say, "the usual" -- reconstituted powdered eggs, breakfast potatoes and ... perfectly cooked bacon, as well as make-your-own waffles, cereals, yogurts, and fruits.

But, the bed situation, for anyone, rules. We could make it through another night there if the need arose, but we would be know sleep would suffer a bit.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Amy M
Reviewed 2 May 2017

I have stayed before and really enjoyed my stay. This time, not so much. Unfortunately, the person in the room above mine was a walker. Before 10 pm I didn't say anything but at 10:30 I called down to the desk. They said they spoke to the person and they would "keep it down". Actually, I made them mad because they continued to walk and when they got to the end of the room where the beds are they stomped a few times. I called again. They spoke to the person again. I finally fell asleep around midnight and the person had continued to walk the entire time. I was awakened around 6:30 am by walking. I wish the hotel had moved the walker to another room where they wouldn't disturb any body. I left that morning more tired than when I arrived.

Room Tip: Be more forceful than I was.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

We stopped for one night . After being on the road most of the day, it was nice to settle into a clean room. The bed was very comfortable. To our surprise , our room was upgraded from s standard to a suite. The front desk was very pleasant and helpful. Pool and hot tub were well maintained. Breakfast was the usual hotel breakfast. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Georgette M
Reviewed 21 April 2017

Located at Exit 95 I-57 it is real easy to get to and not far from the interstate. The rooms are really nice and it seem to be a new motel. The staff was really nice and was able to use a coupon for the room. Had RM 225 and the King bed was great slept really good. This motel has made my GPS list for places to stay while traveling this this interstate.

Room Tip: Had room on North side it was quite.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business