“Too much road noise, lousy breakfast, construction and no coffee before 0600”

Best Western Morton Grove Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Morton Grove
Reviewed 18 November 2016

Stay away from this place unless you like an uncomfortable bed, lousy shower water pressure, sand paper towels and road noise.

I would suggest that Best Western take their name off of this place. I had a queen room, but because it was a queen room, no microwave was provided. The parking was horrendous even though the website says that there is "oversized parking". I had difficulty parking my F350.
The road noise was loud. I checked my 6 rooms in at 4pm and 1 out of 6 was ready. The last room was not ready until 7 pm.
2 days in a row housekeeping left no toilet paper. I went to the office and asked for some and was told that "housekeeping" would bring me some. They brought me a roll 45 minutes later. We were out of toilet paper when I asked for it. Toilet paper must be gold at this place since I could not be trusted to be given a roll.

The office was under construction, breakfast was a joke, no coffee until 6 am and breakfast items were served in a guest room as well as the office being located in a guest room.

When I made the reservations and identified myself as a Diamond rewards member they could have cared less and did not tell me about the construction going on in the motel.

The ice machine was at the back of the motel, through an unmarked door, off of an unlit alley at the back of the motel that had no light in the room.
I will never stay at this place again and recommend that others avoid it as well

Room Tip: Stay on the backside of the motel that backs up to an unlit alley more quiet but not safe IMO
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Carlos S, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Morton Grove Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2016

Thanks for your feedback. We appreciate any and all feedback as this is the only way we can truly improve. I assure you that we strive to provide better service than what you experienced. We will continue to work to meet your expectations. I can assure your that all issues with housekeeping have been addressed and corrected. It is through feedback such as yours that we are able to grow as an organization. If I can be of service in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Thank you so much for bringing these issues to our attention so we may address them, and I sincerely hope that you will return to give us another chance, as we would love to retain your future business.

Yours in hospitality,

The Best Western Morton Grove Inn
Office: (847) 464-8503

There are newer reviews for Best Western Morton Grove Inn

Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

Stayed here during the renovation of the front lobby. Outside looks typical motel-like. Typically there are 1 to 4 people in the outer hallway smoking. Check in was quick and pleasant. Room was very, very, nice. No smoke smell. However, breakfast was exactly the opposite. Horrible coffee. No milk some times. Most pastries gone by 8:00. However, eggs made in the microwave were usually available and not great.

So, great room. Horrible breakfast service. No parking for large trucks.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to our hotel. First, I would like to apologize for the construction that is going on in the hotel. I am happy to announce that we are updating our lobby, guest laundry, fitness room, and breakfast area. Thank you for noticing our recently renovated guest rooms. We really appreciate when a guest notices our efforts and takes the time to say thanks. I apologize for us not meeting your expectations for our breakfast. We do hope you come back soon to enjoy and see all the new amazing updates we are making to our hotel. Again thank you for your kind words on our guest rooms.
Yours in hospitality,

The Best Western Plus Holland Inn & Suites
Office: (847) 464-8503

Reviewed 7 November 2016

Wasnt sure what I was going to get when I pulled up, but I was pleasantly surprised. Room was very clean, recently updated (within past 1-2 years) with new paint, carpet, bedding, TV, bathroom fixtures. Staff was polite and friendly, and helpful with local dining suggestions. The main lobby was under construction so they used one of the rooms as an office. Hotel is in walking distance to the Metra Golf station, which worked out great.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back (west side) will be off the street and quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Carlos S, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Morton Grove Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2016

Dear John M,

We thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel as well as your kind words regarding our wonderful team. We are especially pleased to see that you found our recently renovated guest rooms comfortable and accommodating.

Once again, thank you for your review and for choosing the Best Western Morton Grove Inn. Hope to see you back soon.

Direct: 847-464-8503

Reviewed 7 November 2016

We were not aware of renovations. I asked other guests, and they said they weren't made aware before they booked their stays either. The power went out intermittently in the room for our two-day stay. We walked around a cramped room to get breakfast, and on our second day we came home to notice the cleaner(s) had left our door unlocked by putting the latch in front of the door to keep it from shutting. Luckily, no one took any of our belongings.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Scbedoo,

Please accept my sincerest apologies that you were not aware our Lobby was closed but hope that you did enjoy our completely renovated guest rooms. Please know we take your comments regarding your second day very seriously and have addressed them with the team.

Our Lobby renovations will be complete before long and we would like the opportunity to welcome you back under a special managers rate and complimentary upgrade.

Some of the improvements you can expect to enjoy include our remodeled Reception Area, upgraded WiFi, brand new equipment in our 24-hour Fitness Center and Laundry Facilities. However, I am most excited to show you our complimentary full hot Breakfast Buffet seating area which will be twice it's original size.

Once again, thank you for writing and for choosing the Best Western Morton Grove Inn. We look forward to welcoming you back as our valued guest.

Direct: 847-464-8503

Reviewed 4 November 2016

This was the worst hotel stay experience ever. The pictures on the website do not match what the rooms look like. During our stay, the hotel lobby was being remodeled and completely inaccessible. The exercise room was a storage area for paint and building supplies.

We had problems throughout the entire stay (6 nights).

I asked for a quiet room away from the noise of the busy street and was given a room in the back of the building. This inn does not have an elevator or an interior corridor. If you have to go to the front desk or to where they serve complimentary breakfast, be prepared to put on your coat and walk around the building to get to the front. There’s no short access from front to back, you must walk completely outside around the long building in a poorly lit alley.

When we got to our room, we found a TV Remote that had been left broken(literally in two pieces), a mini fridge which didn’t work, and a toilet that would not flush, even though it had not been used. I contacted the hotel manager, who responded by swapping out the TV remote and fridge from another room; but how he handled the toilet situation was unbelievable. He brought a plunger and worked for few minutes while we stood around thinking he may need to give us a different room. Finally, he announced that it was working now, and then took one of the towels from the bathroom to wrap the plunger in. Anyone who decides they have to stay here should bring their own towels, and possibly even sheets.

We also later discovered that the bathroom shower handle was loose and came off while taking a shower. We didn’t mention this to management, just stuck it back on and cranked it to where it needed to be. There were two dispensers in the shower, one for soap, and one for shampoo, but both were empty. Good thing we brought our own soap.

One night, I went to get some ice from the ice machine, which was in an unlocked room, that had no light switch. I had to use the flashlight option on my cell phone to find the machine. Fortunately, no one was lurking around - felt very unsafe.

One day we had a power outage, and I’m not sure how long, since we were out most of the day. When we came back we noticed nothing was working, and again had to call the front desk. We sat around in our coats waiting. An hour later - we had lights, heat, and electricity again. Fortunately, we didn’t have anything perishable in the mini fridge that needed to stay cold or frozen.

Another day, while working from the hotel, the WiFi went out. Down for 30+ hours. After complaining about this they only offered me a $15 credit on my bill. Make sure you have your own wifi hotspot or a backup plan if you need dependable Internet access.

If you expect to communicate with the maids or cleaning staff, bring your English-to-Spanish dictionary. It appears that at this location, English is not required to work there. At one time, a member of the cleaning team, just used there access card and opened my room door without even knocking. Good thing we were already dressed.

There are many options to stay in Northwestern Chicago. This Best Western is definitely not your best option. If I could give it zero stars I would. Hopefully, this helps someone with their decision on where to stay and where not to stay.

Room Tip: Back room is quieter, but feels unsafe. Construction and pet noises abound.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family

Dear Imatra,

I thank you for taking the time to provide candid and detailed feedback on your recent visit. It is our commitment to ensure all of our guests' experiences at our Hotel to be safe, comfortable, and a pleasurable. Based on your feedback, we appear to have failed in meeting your expectations.

I also understand and regret that our renovation efforts negatively impacted your stay. Rest assured, in a few short weeks our property enhancements will be complete and we will be able to offer our guests many upgraded facilities previously unavailable.

Regarding your comment toward our housekeeping staff I'd simply note we take pride in being an equal opportunity employer in compliance with all local, state, and federal laws. As such, we do not discriminate based on a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, or national origin.

To demonstrate our commitment to our guests please feel free to contact my office directly and allow us the opportunity to make this right.

Property Support Manager

DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore
3.7 km away
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Skokie
5.5 km away
Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie)
6.9 km away
Best Western Plus Glenview-Chicagoland Inn & Suites
4.4 km away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chicago North Shore - Niles

Been to Best Western Morton Grove Inn? Share your experiences!