“Sit outside by the river”
Review of South Moon BBQ

South Moon BBQ
Ranked #3 of 34 Restaurants in Montgomery
Reviewed 6 August 2017

So happy that this pretty space has a restaurant again. The food is very good, we got the ribs- very tasty with a great sauce, moist. The burnt ends- yummy. We tried the hot potato salad- very good. Service was relaxed and friendly- helpful suggestions

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Housed in an old Mill along the Fox river, offers a unique place to dine. 1st floor dinning room or the basement bar, I went with the bar as I was dinning solo. Felt like I was in a friends basement bar with seating at tables as well. Many posts cut up the room and they had a DJ playing music. Not many beer offerings but a full service bar gives you options. TV's and slots fill out the space. The staff was friendly enough. The crowd seemed local.The BBQ ribs were very meaty, mopped with a sweet sauce. Two other sauces stood by to mix it up. A sprinkling of rub over it all made the taste very good but they were not fall off the bone. Separate side of Cole slaw was good but not included in the price. Good menu options will bring me back to try other things.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

This is my daughter's favorite barbecue places and is high on my list too. The meat is very good and the portions are pretty generous. Best of all, for those who are adventurous, the sauces they have are not necessarily the thick, overly sweet junk we are all taught from a young age as "barbecue sauce." I won't spoil it for you by describing them. Check them out for yourself and experience something new.

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Went there with a large group. We had reservations but only one person waited on a big group. I had the pork belly sandwich and it was the best I've ever had. In the past it's been cooked so hard you can't chew it. My fries were cold so I didn't eat them. Tried fried pickles for the first time. Tastes good, I was surprised.

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

What a great stop on our bike ride along the river. The fox river trail goes along he east side of the river. Cross the bridge to the business district of Montgomery and enjoy barbecue. The outdoor patio is a great place to relax and take a dinner break.