“Good food!!”

Price range: US$5 - US$10
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 31 July 2016

The food was good! Awesome size portions! My husband liked the coffee and he's picky :)
Our server was super sweet and fast!
The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because the carpet throughout was nasty! Just one of those things that bothers me in a restaurant! They really need to rip out the carpet and put in new!

Reviewed 30 July 2016

this was the 2nd time we stopped here. The food is soo good and soo much. The wait staff are just like family. The breaded veal is to die for. not fancy, just so good!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 19 July 2016

Stopped in for breakfast because it was the halfway point for a trip. It's defiantly has home town local joint feel, most of the menu was typical midwestern diner food (which is what I grew up with so thats a plus for me). I ended up getting steak skillet/haystack (potato, meat, egg, and cheese) generous dish portion with a nice meat to carb ratio. Waitress was pleasant and personable. If you like traditional diner/comfort food it's defiantly worth the stop.

Reviewed 18 June 2016

Nothing fancy here just home cooking. We stopped for breakfast on our way to the Dells. Everything was very good and the staff was very friendly. Seemed to be the type of place locals visit on a regular basis.

Reviewed 5 June 2016 via mobile

I've been by Ziggies many times but last night the stars aligned so my mother and I could stop for dinner. We were VERY pleased.
The two items I was interested in they were out of or had just stopped carrying (hence the 4 1/2 stars) so I went with the standard fried chicken and my mom, fried shrimp.
The food was wonderful; ambience comfortable; service excellent ; and the bathrooms....
The bathrooms were the cleanest I have EVER seen. If ever there were floors one could "eat off of", this was the place. Perhaps it also speaks to the parents in Mendota who taught their children well, if you know what I mean.
Being honest, this is a great family restaurant and if you are looking for a great meal for a great deal, eat there. Would I drive 30 minutes or more? Probably not. But it is close enough to I39 that it rates ones attention.