All reviews truck parking small breakfast my dad standard fare other hotels will stay there again waffles bed was comfortable easy access nice room staff was very friendly desk clerk motel toaster florida furnishings repair
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Was very clean, quiet and relaxing. Close to the race track and had trailer parking. They had shade trees we are able to grill under and could put dog out. We ate inside and rested before heading to race.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Patti D, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Mattoon, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Thank you for responding! We hope to see you again in your travels!

Reviewed 17 August 2018

We asked for non smoking and although they said the room was non smoking it was on the second floor that was smoking. We could smell it in our room and was strong in the hall. If you are going to have smoking rooms don't put non smoking near them. We will not be staying there again unless the smoking is kept away from non smoking or eliminated all together.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Patti D, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Mattoon, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Thank you for responding, your feedback is appreciated. We apologize if your stay had any issues. We do allow smoking in one area of the hotel to accomodate our smokers. Please if you have any issues notify the front desk so they may be resolved. Again, I apologize for any issues. Please allow us to show you what a great and restful place we truely are. We strive to see that you have the best experience possible.

Reviewed 15 July 2018

My parents and I stayed at this hotel from July 11-14, 2018 to attend a family funeral in the area. We arrived around 8:45 pm the first night and were put in a smoking room (one entire hall is smoking) -- none of us smoke (this room was old and not remodeled - awful). We requested a change but the front desk said they had no where to move us. Note: the facility is currently undergoing remodel so it seemed not all rooms were available. The next morning at breakfast the front manager promptly saw my dad and called out his name saying they had another remodeled room for us to move too! The remodeled room was just what we needed and no smoking room! Basic room for sleeping and cleaning up - nothing fancy and what we needed while visiting family.

Date of stay: July 2018
Patti D, Owner at Super 8 by Wyndham Mattoon, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to respond! . We strive to see that our guests have the best experience possible. I do apologize at your arrival we did not have a nonsmoking room available as we were busy but glad it worked out the next day. We hope to see you again in your travels!

Reviewed 1 July 2018

I booked my reservation through Wyndham for 3 nights for $190. Somehow or other my reservation got "lost" & they only had me for 1 night. I did not know this until I went to check out. They "out of the kindness of their hearts" "allowed" me to stay those other 2 nights. They then charged me $204. I brought this to their attention. They still could not find my reservation. They did offer to refund the difference. But after several days, I heard nothing from them. I finally had to call them & "remind them" I even sent them my reservation to prove to them what I had said. They only refunded me $10 and again insisted that it was not their fault.

Room tip: Have your Wyndham reservation in your hand during check in & Check out.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Patti D, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Mattoon, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Mr. Ames:
I do apologize for any issues while our guest. What we refunded you was the difference between the amount you were charged and the amount that your reservationist quoted you. The difference in the two was $10.00. When I checked your reservation through central booking, they had the same as we did and explained to me that you booked online and for one night and later modified your reservation. Again, I do apologize and hope you choose Super 8 again for your lodging needs. Happy and safe travels in any future trips!

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Room was ok, bed was uncomfortable and ac wouldn't stay on. Smoking has it's own closed wing and smell doesn't mix with rest of hotel. Pet fee is $15. Does have truck parking in gravel lot in front of hotel.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Patti D, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Mattoon, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Thanks for staying with us. We hope to see you again for your lodging needs!