“good breakfast ”

Waffle House
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

first time at this location it was clean was greeted at the entrance food and service was very good also my wife and I was given a free soda to go when we are back in the area again we will eat here again

Reviewed 16 April 2017

The service at this one was very good though I wish the manager had asked one of the many staff to run a broom through the kitchen area but maybe they were just waiting for a little break in the business. My coffee was never empty and the hash brown was just right. We stopped by in the 10am neighborhood on a busy Saturday and ate at the counter. If you are not familiar with the chain, a busy Saturday morning is probably not the best time to have a conversation there. It is a noisy busy place that is good for drinking coffee and people watching. This location is right off I-55.

Reviewed 22 February 2017

My husband and I love Waffle House. We have visited Waffle Houses in North Carolina, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, and Georgia, but we have never had an experience like what we experienced at this one.
We arrived after midnight, and I ordered my usual: chili, grilled cheese, sweet tea, and lots of crackers. My husband had the philly cheese steak and hash browns. The food arrives in a timely manner. The only absent item is the crackers I requested. I am from Indiana, and crackers in chili are as essential as the spoon to eat it with.
I ask the waitress for crackers. She checks the bin under the counter. It is empty. She says they have no crackers. I ask her if she is kidding. She says no. I ask how they can be crackerless. She says that no one on third shift has the key to the storeroom, and that is where the crackers are.
I again ask if she is serious. She is. Then she calmly goes back to talking to the employee next to her who is enjoying a salad at the counter. When I was a waitress, if this scenario had played out, my manager would have sent me on a cracker run because customer satisfaction was paramount.
My husband explains that this cracker issue is unacceptable. I choke down my crackerless chili and we leave.
My husband calls the manager the next morning to voice his displeasure. The manager's response? "Oh, sorry about that."
Evidently the manager's customer service attitude was locked away with the crackers in the storeroom.
Waffle House has excellent food, but if crackers are a staple of your meal, you might want to call ahead and make sure the cracker bin is full, or if whoever is on duty has access to the storeroom key.

Reviewed 6 August 2016

the food was tasteless. The staff did not act like they knew what they were doing. It was not crowded and I could see why. I have always loved Waffle Houses and always eat at them when traveling. But not this one never again

Reviewed 25 May 2016

Waffle House isn't any thing fancy, but the have great food and fast and great service. We stop occasionally for breakfast only.