All reviews residence inn full kitchen front desk upstairs bedroom penthouse suite main building the upper level family birthday celebration assistant general manager garbage disposal spent the week dressing area outdoor pool large family queen bed hotel rooms are nice mall
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

If it wasn’t for the ants, I would recommend this hotel. The hotel has recently been remodeled and the beds are extremely comfortable, but my goodness—the ants. They were everywhere. When we notified the two ladies at the front desk, they couldn’t even be bothered. After reading the reviews, this seems to be a common problem. Thankfully we only had a two night stay and we will not be back.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
maureen f, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Chicago - Lombard, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

I'm so very sorry that you experienced this. Thank you for letting us know and I do apologize for my team not handling it in an appropriate way. We do care very much about our rooms and our guests and ants is something that we definitely cannot have in our rooms. I can assure you that this issues has been handled. Thank you again. Hopefully you will give us another chance or give Sonesta another chance.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

If you know what you are getting, then this might be your place. The staff is fine; they are kind and will try to work with you. The construction is everywhere though. They have a trailer for check-in and the grounds are pretty beat up. I realize that they probably have to make some money, but the list price on the hotel rooms are $149/ night. This seems a bit high for the inconveniences that you have to endure.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Maureen F, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Chicago - Lombard, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Yes , we are in the process of re-imaging our hotel and as of July 1st our lobby is complete, and all of our rooms are complete as well. We just have a few more items that are being worked on and will be done within the next month. Thank you for being our guest. Please come back and visit when we are completely done.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a work trip (it was my second stay). The first was ok, the rooms are fairly newly updated, which was nice. The second trip, however...after being in my room for a short time I noticed ants everywhere. The front desk person accommodated my request to move to another room...which had ants all over, again. I specifically asked if they had had trouble with ants and the staff member initially said “I...don’t know,” which seemed untruthful at the time-the reviews show it’s clear I’m not the first. So, I asked to be moved again...and that (3rd) room smelled of marijuana. At that point, after hauling my stuff back and forth, I just gave up. The front desk clerk indicated she’d discount my bill for the trouble, but when I checked out the next morning, there was no discount noted. They did resolve it, but again, another inconvenience. The breakfast was VERY basic and is currently served in a converted room because of construction at the site (I assume), which was just kind of gross. With so many other options around, I wouldn’t stay here again. The staff was relatively polite, but overall, it wasn’t worth the hassle Since there are lots of other options, I’d keep looking.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Maureen F, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Chicago - Lombard, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

I'm so very sorry for all of the inconveniences that occurred during your stay. Thank you for your input and we will ensure that the issues you encountered will be rectified.

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

My family came up to Chicago for Memorial Day weekend. This place displays well online however, they are under construction. Free breakfast is served inside a room. We asked to use the grill to cook outside and it doesn’t work. Housekeeping does not change the sheets day to day if you stay night to night. First room they put us in was infested with black ants. We had ants everywhere beds, living room. After complaining they moved us to another room. Went into new room to pull sheets back and hair was everywhere on the sheets. Apparently, nasty sheets and bad housekeeping. Needless to say I would not recommend this place to anyone. The place is spacious but they need to fire housekeeping!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Maureen F, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Chicago - Lombard, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

I do apologize for all of the inconveniences that you encountered during your stay. Yes we are in the process of re-imaging our entire hotel from the guest rooms to the lobby to the outside. I'm sorry that you did not know about the renovation and that your stay was less than comfortable. I appreciate all of your feedback as I will use this as a training tool for my staff. Please don't write us off, give us another chance when we are fully renovated and new. I assure you, you will not have any issues. thank you

Reviewed 28 February 2018

When we walked into the lobby to check in, we were greeted by a great guy with a warm smile and genuine conversation...Assistant General Manager Odell Banks!
He asked what we were up to for the weekend. When we told him we were looking forward to a relaxing stay and the Flock of Seagulls concert in Lombard, he was sincerely interested in the venue, the band and how far we had traveled.
Odell was awesome by granting us with our requests for a suite on the upper level and with a fireplace. After our check-in was complete, Odell gifted us with a log designed specifically for the room's fireplace! We commented on the fabulously sweet aroma in the lobby, and Odell quickly asks the friendly associate that was in the breakfast area, to gift us with two freshly-baked chocolate-filled croissants...AND two fruit smoothies.
Seriously? You don't get this kind of welcome/service at the Hyatt Regency or the Waldorf Astoria Downtown Chicago! We were giddy as we headed to our immaculately clean suite. Friday night we hung out in the suite, with a fire as we watched the Winter Olympics. So cozy & as homey as you'd want it, while being away from your own home. Comfortable bed. Spacious suite. Three closets.
We went to breakfast both mornings. Deliciously fresh and filling. Eggs, Meats, Pancakes, Fresh Fruit, Yogurt, Muffins, Juices, etc!
The service associate in the Breakfast Buffet area was kind, happy & accommodating! With eye contact, a genuine smile and pleasant conversation, we felt truly appreciated.
The staff, led by the outstanding Odell Banks (Mgr) is award-winning in our book!
Thank you for your positive, kind, healthy, friendly, professional and comfortable service you gave us, while we stayed with you in Lombard!
We've already recommended your fabulous Sonesta ES Suites to family & friends!
We shall definitely return.
*Paula and Dale~Holland, Michigan

Room tip: Upper Level Suite with Fire Place is our recommendation.
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Maureen F, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Chicago - Lombard, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

I am SO VERY HAPPY to read that you enjoyed your stay and my team took very good care of you. Thank you for being our guest and please come back again. It was a pleasure to service you.