All reviewsholy mackerelheavenly bedcorner roomyorktown centerthe club loungemovie theaterharry careyrain showernice hotelparking lotdining optionsshopping malldowntown chicagofront desk stafffree parkingindoor pooltarget store
Reviewed 14 February 2018

My husband's Holiday Party was in the area so we stayed here for the night, and what a lovely hotel it is! The Decor was lovely, and when you walked into the main lobby it was decorated so festively. Our room was perfect, and the bed was amazing. (Made it difficult to get out and going the next day!) The staff were professional and friendly and our overall stay was wonderful!

Room Tip: I would think they are all good rooms; it's just a very nice hotel
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

Definitely my favorite Westin in the Chicagoland area! Free on-sight parking,No charge for my dog, Friendly staff and updated clean spacious rooms. My favorite parts of the room would be the bed and shower . The bed was so comfortable I never wanted to leave it . And the shower was so amazing I never wanted to get out of it. Oh and I love the smell of the shampoo and conditioner! I will definitely be back.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

Westin’s are always luxurious & beautifully decorated & maintained. This is as well. I appreciate the comfort of the bed,linens & spa-type products; StarBucks in room as well as during meeting breaks. But it was the helpful,cheerful & patient staff from front desk to room service to banquet that add to the excellent experience.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, General Manager at The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Dear Lynn T,

On behalf of our team at The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center, thanks for the excellent review! We are delighted to know you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and that our service and accommodations were above and beyond your expectations. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.

Mike Feigenbaum

Reviewed 10 February 2018

Traveled to the Chicago western suburbs last week and chose the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center via Priceline Name Your Own Price. There are only two 4.5 stars on Priceline's NYOP for Lombard, the other is the Le Meridien. I got a great deal around $75 per night, while the hotel price on the website was $170.

Overall the hotel is still very spacious, clean, friendly staff, with great on-site and nearby amenities. Parking is free, in a deck or out front in the parking lot. There is a Target immediately adjacent to the hotel, and the Lombard Yorktown Center Mall is about 300 yards away. Very Convenient.

I would give this hotel 5 stars, especially for the price I paid, but there are a few items that make this just 4 stars in my opinion. First, the hotel still charges for internet, which was like $9.00 per day. Second, on a Sunday night, only one of the two hotel restaurants was open. Holy Mackeral was closed, only the Harry Carey's steakhouse bar area was open. For a 16-story hotel, I found it odd to close one of the two restaurants for a night. Also, the bar area smelled pretty bad, like rotten fruit and stale liquor. They were understaffed, and the waitstaff was eating dinner while working at the side of the bar in between trips to enter people's order. Prices are in the $30+ range per person...I just didn't think it was very professional to be eating in front of guests at a nice, high-end place. The management should have ensured adequate staffing with one of the restaurant's closed. From what I could tell, there was one bartender for a bar seating about 40 across, and then three waitstaff for the entire place. Don't get me wrong, none of this is overly bothersome, it's just not 5-star material. Next, the mall area is going downhill. It used to be the busy shopping area and I think the crowd has moved elsewhere. Both nights during my trip the area was quite empty. Still nice to have a mall adjacent, but it's not what it once was.

My room was on the 7th floor, and upon arrival in the late afternoon, there were several room service trays / empty glasses scattered throughout the hallway between my room and the elevators. Not great.

Ask for a corner room. Those are larger. Mikala at the front desk was very nice and helpful.

Overall, a top choice in the area, probably THE top choice still.

Room Tip: corner rooms on a high floor are really nice.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank travelwiththebest
Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

Great hotel. Front desk staff is incredible. Platinum recognition. Upgraded. Clean rooms. Nice concierge lounge. Free parking. Next to a mall. Great restaurant on the property. It's a terrific option to stay near Chicago. Solid, well run property. We will be back.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business