“Sat Outside”

Cuisines: European, Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2018

My father and one of my best friends and I visited for dinner on a Sunday evening after visitation at a local funeral home. We selected the restaurant based on location and their TA rating.

At first we walked inside to check out the indoor seating but it had a bit of a "fishy" smell, so we opted to sit outside. And it was the right choice. Our server was a really nice woman that reminded me of a waitress from a classic diner since she referred to us individually as "sweetie," etc. But she was really very effective. She got our drink and entree orders into the kitchen and back to our tables quickly and accurately. She also checked-in on us a couple of times to ensure that all was well.

As for the food, it was pretty good too. My father and my friend both had ravioli dishes and I had the "Veal Praga" Julienne Strips Of Veal. Price for three entrees and one beer was around $90-ish (before tip).

Reviewed 1 December 2017

Four of our party of six arrived early; they graciously seated us and brought water and bread (white and whole wheat/crusty and delicious, olive oil and Parmesan). While we were waiting we enjoyed the mussels with marinara and the baked brie with lingonberries. The wine selection is quite extensive and there was also $5 wine choices by the glass. All six of us enjoyed our entrees: veal praga, filet medallions of beef, scallops, shrimp and flounder. The beef was in a delicate mushroom sauce, served with shoestring fries and asparagus. The praga salad of diced vegetables in vinaigrette, topped with cheese was served in martini glasses. Tres elegant. Desserts we sampled: pumpkin cheese cake, bread pudding, chocolate mousse torte. Parking lot next door.

1  Thank Janet L
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

My 3rd visit to Praga with friends and still impressing me! Had the duck breast (sooo tender) with butternut squash and Brussel sprouts. The mushroom soup is a must too--would also be excellent as a sauce. The final touch was the black cherries w/amaretto and ice cream for dessert. Highly recommend! If I had to find one opportunity for a change it would be to add a rose wine to the wine list, but that is just a preference. Service excellent every time! Would like to time my visits better so we can make use of the cute sidewalk cafe. Lovely evening out--stop reading this and just go see for yourself!

Reviewed 24 September 2017

We had a reservation and tried to find a hostess. Walked around for 10 minutes to find someone, no luck....... Finally seated ourselves.... Server brought water to us that had some white gunk floating in it, disgusting. She said it was from the ice machine.... Ugh.... Anyhoo, we were going to stay but we smelled a strong fishy smell from several tables over, it was a crab cake. That was it, we left. Could not get past the fishy smell and gunky water.....

1  Thank julieannmarie
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

We took my sister and her husband to Praga for his birthday. I had the scallops and they were delicious. The service was good and everyone enjoyed their meal. Great fun restaurant