“Where to order a naked cake for an event”
Review of Lilac Bakery

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Lilac Bakery
Ranked #1 of 5 Bakeries in Lombard
Reviewed 25 July 2018

After seeing a naked cake on Pinterest for our daughter's bridal shower I was in search of a bakery to replicate this naked cake. I stopped by the local Mariano's grocery store, but they are unable to provide a naked cake, since all their cakes come in pre-baked and frozen.
My next thought was I need a real bakery and headed to Lilac Bakery! They were very accommodating and I left the photo of the naked cake I wanted. Saturday morning I picked up the cake and it was perfect!!!! On Sunday when I served the cake at the shower everyone tried a piece of the cake and raved about the flavor of the lemon frosting with a yellow cake. If you are looking for a special cake for a party I high recommend you choose Lilac Bakery, you will not be disappointed!!!!!

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 10 January 2018

Old school bakeries seem to be going out of business but this one is still around and serving great food and great service. I ordered my cake at the last minute and they were so accommodating and the cake was loved by everyone. The people are nice and the prices are good too.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

Homemade, my family loves this place. Just moved here in December 2016, and we've been here several times! Really recommend, owners are sweet

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 11 February 2017

I go to Lilac Bakery once a week months before I have to repeat an order. Their chocolate eclairs are particularly good. Also wonderful are boomerangs (an almond cook and chocolate mousse creation covered with a hard dark chocolate), and apricot hands (a large elephant ear coated with apricot purée and white icing).
This is where we always buy our large Easter order.
This is a bakery only. There are no dining facilities.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 2 December 2016 via mobile

Stumbled upon this gem this morning and brought home more than I bargained for! Everything was fantastic!

Date of visit: December 2016