All reviews long term stay full size refrigerator hotel manager general manager great price comfortable stay recommend staying here home away from home room was clean and comfortable great customer service front desk staff convenient location a great place to stay maria lease morelos housing
Reviewed 26 July 2018

Front desk people are not friendly!

While drying my hair in the bathroom, water leaked out from the shower area and ran down into a puddle by my feet! Thank goodness I turned off the hair dryer when I felt the water at my feet or I would have been electrocuted! There is no shower doors, only a shower curtain. This needs to be rectified!

I guess you get what you pay for!

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We apologize for the issues that you had in your suite and regret the inconvenience caused. Our team has been advised of the problem and will take immediate action to fix the unit. We appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We hope to have the chance to prove it to you on a future stay.

Reviewed 13 July 2018

I travel often using a Priceline.com service withhotels and never once have I had sucj a poor experince as I have this time.
Upon arrival I was checked in to find out that the phone call I made to request a 2 bed room for my family would not be honored, as the owner stated, We do not honor anything ut one bed for priceline customer regardlessof what arraingments are made. We then had friends checking into the same hotel, again booked thru Priceline and a 2 Queen bed room selected, they were told the same and when priceline called the hotel they said in essence...too bad. The owner then refused to reservation at all and our other group had no place to stay. Also upon arrival the smell of Marijuana through out the hotel parking lot and lobby was overwhelming. The clerk at the front desk was not pleasant and was very concerned about responding to text on her cell phone instead of working with the 4 customers she had at the counter. The hotel advertises free breakfast, which is just coffee. I have a kid sleeping on the floor and one on a couch. The amount of fighting and yelling that has gone on each night in the halls is unbelievable and if I had not booked through priceline, which is not refundable I would have cancelled my additional days in this hotel. I understand these properties are generally Frandchised businesses but this was is doing great harm to the Extended Stay America name.

Room tip: Stay somewhere else
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We take these matters very seriously and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will take the necessary actions to ensure these issues are properly addressed.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

I had booked a one night stay with a hotel broker that William Shatner promotes. I arrive at the hotel and the unresponsive and quite rude front desk clerk stated, "We do not have the room available that you booked and you will have to call the hotel broker".

The hotel was paid and the reservation was made and they were not going to honor it? That's right. At 8 pm at night I am on hold with the hotel broker in my car in the parking lot trying to resolves this. The agent calls the front desk person and they said they did not have my bed size available. He asked if they had other beds and what would be the up charge for that. She told him, "We have rooms, but she did not know what the price was". He transferred me to another operator to have me booked at another hotel since the front desk clerk was being uncooperative and he knew this was not going anywhere.

The next operator calls the front desk clerk and at this time decides not to even pick up the call. I have to go in the lobby and track her down to have her talk to the operator to resolve this. She was was short and rude with the operator and said, "I ain't dealing with this", and handed me back my phone. Wow! How does this person keep her job?

So after a couple hours on the phone they relocated me to another Extended Stay in the area. It is sad in this day and age that one is not necessarily looking for a "Wow" experience when it comes to customer services, but to blatantly direct what ever issues on the customer is just down right rude. And not to honor an agreement and reservation that the hotel agreed is aggravating and degenerate behavior.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

We apologize that we did not have any available rooms when you arrived at our hotel. We offer no excuses for this mix-up, and we regret the inconvenience. We understand the frustration and truly hope you will offer us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

Nice hotel with good breakfast includes two hot items, about 12 miles from downtown Chicago and same to o’hare airport.
Very close to shops restaurant and cinema.
Plenty free parking , rooms were clean and tidy good WiFi

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay at Extended Stay America. We are glad to know our location was convenient for your needs and enjoyed the cleanliness of your room. Thanks once more for allowing us to be of service, and we hope to have the pleasure of doing so again on your next trip.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

Stayed 2 nights. No wash clothes the next day nor hse keeping. Desk clerk on Sat 3-11 shift was rude. Room was clean the 1st night. This won't stop me for staying at Extending Stay again. I like that it's a stove. My husband and I get to cook.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Tiffany, thank you for being our guest. We appreciate you mentioning how convenient is was to have a kitchenette in your room.  Our goal is to maintain the highest standards, and we apologize for falling short. Your review will be discussed with the management team to make necessary corrections. Thanks for the feedback, and we look forward to seeing you and your husband again soon.