“Totally one of the best places in the burbs!”
Review of Thai Kitchen

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Thai Kitchen
Ranked #86 of 212 Restaurants in Lombard
Reviewed 19 October 2018

Let's start by saying I got 4 apps and 3 entrees for $51. And the portions were great! 4 people ate with leftovers.

The better part - the food is delicious and totally homemade. They are so friendly and so simple. We had the tom yum soup which was pretty spicy just fyi, but delicious. Pad Thai and Pad See Ew both excellent! I have had plenty of these dishes in the suburbs and this place knocked it out of the park. Great flavor without "drowning" in sauce. Had the ginger shrimp entree and it didn't smell fishy plus they weren't stingy on the quantity of shrimp. Sometimes places will only have a 2-3 actual pieces of shrimp in their seafood entrees.

Honestly, the highlight may have been chive dumpling or shumai. All homemade. Even the spring rolls were great! They have some great sauces on the side for these appetizers too. I would totally buy the sauces by the jar.

The only downside I've noticed across many reviews is how it takes longer for carry-out than they suggest. Happened for me too, but we can totally mitigate this by just ordering earlier than you want to eat/coming 5 mins later. No big deal!

I totally see this place becoming a weekly event. SO GOOD!!!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 21 January 2018

I've been awaiting the opening date of this place for some time now. I LOVE Thai food and need more options around town. As I was running errands today I remembered this place should be open, so I stopped in.

First, service. Lady at the counter was very nice. It took a little bit to complete taking my order, but hey... they just opened.

Second, food. I ordered eggrolls, Chicken Pad Thai and Broccoli with Beef. Overall, I was happy with the food.

Eggrolls - even though it's listed as an order of (2) eggrolls on the menu, they informed me they actually give three per order. They come cut in half and are smaller in diameter than a typical egg roll. They were good though. Super crispy.

Chicken Pad Thai - this is my go-to dish to judge Thai restaurants. I was concerned at first as the color of the Pad Thai was very pale. Some of my favorites are very yellow/orange due to the tamarind in the sauce. I was concerned it would be tasteless. I did add my normal helping of chili paste to the dish. I found the chili paste interesting - I was very watery compared to the paste that I get at other places. But it added good flavor and the consistency helped allow it to spread through all the noodles. The Pad Thai was tasty. It could use a touch more sauce/flavor, but overall pretty good.

Broccoli with Beef - this is a new favorite of mine from another local Thai place. Typically the sauce is more flavorful than versions I get at Chinese restaurants. The version at Thai Kitchen really lives up to its name of Broccoli and beef. Because there is a lot of broccoli and carrots and not a lot of meat. However, the meat is excellent, tender and sliced very thin. The sauce was fantastic. I usually order this dish for the broccoli anyway. I like to find sneaky ways to eat veggies. LOL. This is definitely a repeat.

All-in-all, I'm a fan and look forward to trying this place again once again and have more time to perfect recipes and service.

Date of visit: January 2018