“We always take out, and the food is good”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tacos El Rey De Oro
Ranked #39 of 104 Restaurants in Libertyville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 31 January 2012

My wife and I have ordered from here two or three times, always doing take out and have enjoyed the food. I'm not sure about the last reviewer, but they always offer to give me salsa (I usually take the mild and hot) and they give me plenty. The tacos are good, but the best thing I have had here is the tamales. They are big and quite tasty. We will definitely be going back.

Reviewed 10 May 2010

A friend suggested we eat here because, in her opinion, it's excellent food, big portions and inexpensive. Unfortunately, none of those is true. The food was OK -- I had a chicken burrito, which was about the size I expected. It just didn't tase very fresh.

The food isn't expensive, but I wouldn't call it a good deal, given the quality and service. They charge for things that should be included at a Mexican restaurant -- chips and salsa, rice and beans with dinner. Overall, I'm unimpressed and probably won't be returning.

They do have "brains" on their menu as a taco choice. Not sure if that's a joke or not.

1  Thank SushiFoodie