“Great service and food”

Ranked #14 of 99 Restaurants in Libertyville
Price range: US$10 - US$29
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Casa Bonita was awarded "Best of the Best" for Mexican food by the Daily Herald Reader's Choice 2017. Located in the heart of charming downtown Libertyville, Casa Bonita is known for its vast list of over on tap tequilas and the famous "Perfect Margarita." The year round patio is enjoyed even in the winter where heat lamps allow guests to dine alfresco. Unlike the Mexican restaurant chains, Casa Bonita is an independent restaurant featuring a creative take on finely prepared, authentic Mexican recipes. Providing an array of recipe options, our food is made only with the freshest, quality ingredients selected daily from local purveyors. Everything from appetizers to desserts are handcrafted for a memorable south-of-the-border dining experience.
Reviewed 11 June 2017

Have been to Casa Bonita several times, and we are always pleased with the food and service. I usually get something with mole, since I really love a GOOD mole sauce. This time I got chicken enchiladas with mole, and it was EXCELLENT! The chicken is nice and tender, and the mole is as good as any I got living in the southwest for 30 years! Really good margarita too! Great place to relax and have really nice dining experience.

1  Thank 777sherip

Reviewed 3 June 2017

Went here for dinner with my wife and son on a Saturday evening. We arrived about 4:30 and were immediately seated. When we left around 6:00 there was a wait for tables.

Our waitress was very attentive, but did not always seem to understand everything we asked for. Her frequent stops at the table helped to keep the meal moving along at a good pace.

I got the flautas appetizer for my meal, my wife got the almbres con queso pork dinner, and my son got the chile rellenos with ground beef. All of us really enjoyed our meals.
My wife got a margarita which she said was good, but too expensive. In general, their prices were higher than we are used to for Mexican food. The total bill for three people, before tip, was close to $90.

Except for the price, this is a great place to eat.

1  Thank Illinois_John
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

The guacamole here is always fresh made and you can have it spicy or mild . The sangria pitchers are delicious, I usually get the white sangria . The best dish on the menu is the shrimp Acapulco with the sliced potatoes and spicy garlic butter sauce on the side (to die for) !!! Service is good nothing outstanding for the most part . If you want to celebrate a birthday or just have a nice Mexican dinner then this is the spot to check out .

1  Thank Carlitos C
Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

This place was really good. We sat in the bar area and the bar tender was our server. She was very good and super friendly. We had a couple of margaritas. I had the frozen peach. Delicious. Had the chicken tacos with rice. Very good just wish it was spicy. They give you some really big and tasty chips and 2 Salsas. Has a ton of seating and gets very busy. Great outdoor space too.
Not allot of parking though.
We will definitely eat there again...

1  Thank Michael G
Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

We are new to the area and noticed that the restaurant was usually busy, so gave it a try.
To be safe, we went for the basics...Chimichanga and Taco Salisbury. They were both prepared wonderfully. The salsa was yum but the chips ok...might want to serve them warm.
Our server, Saul, was a delight and we liked how the servers helped each other to refill beverages, clear dishes and bring our meal.
Parking was difficult but that is Libertyville.

1  Thank Martin R