“Very deep dish pizza locally”

Ferentino's Pizzeria
Ranked #5 of 68 Restaurants in Lake Forest
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

Ferentino's has consistently good deep dish pizza that our family often uses for carry-out or delivery. Their coupons make it even a better deal!

Reviewed 2 February 2017

I love this place, but there a couple of things that give me pause. (1) Toppings seem to make the bill inflate. Other places and pizza chains can deliver similar product for much less. My typical bill for two pizzas is about $42, and we don't go crazy. (2) There is an odor to the pizzas that I can't place. Maybe the oven? All I know is, I can smell a Ferentino's pizza with my eyes closed. (3) They used to have coupons on the box. Collect 15 for $10 off. Then the boxes lost the coupons, sticking me with too few to redeem. Now the boxes are generic brown cardboard. The recycling potential wouldn't be different, so I think they went generic to save money, yet there's been no price decrease. :Like I said, I'll continue to order from them, just a bit less enthusiastically. And if I find someplace that has pizza almost as good but cheaper, I'll switch.

Reviewed 17 January 2017

Someone just asked what our favorite Chicago deep dish pizza is; Giordano's, Uno's, Gino's? All great, but none as good as Ferentino's in Lake Forest. Really.

Reviewed 17 January 2017

Ferentino's offers a full menu and is open for lunch and dinner, but the single slice pizza offering takes the prize. There are several varieties offered for dine-in or carry-out. It's hard to beat for 5 bucks. Add a soft drink and you've got a nice lunch. There is a wide variety of pizza offerings with several different crust options and topping combinations. A pizza or entrée & salad make a nice dinner. You can call ahead when you leave Union Station and your order is ready for pick up, when your train gets to the Lake Forest station.

Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

Checked out this place based on the reviews and was very pleased. But if you're looking for a sit down place you won't get it at this location. We were told sit down is at their other location. Nevertheless, we were pleased with our food. Excellent meatball sandwich and pizza.