“Good food, great cocktail list ”
Review of Prasino

Prasino
Reserve with OpenTable
Prasino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 65 Restaurants in La Grange
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: La Grange Road and Cossitt Avenue
Description: prasino means "green" in Greek. So, it is only natural that every choice we make, from our food to our restaurant design to our kitchen facilities, reflects our respect for a sustainable environment. Our priority is serving hormone/anti-biotic free meats, sustainable seafood, organic produce and eggs. Every effort is made to buy locally whenever possible, but we have also sought out exceptional ingredients from around the country from like-minded vendors. We are proud to present our Contemporary American menu in a refreshing, comfortable atmosphere that celebrates the love of good food, good conversation and friendship.
Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

Went for a surprise party and the staff was very accommodating to our needs, very helpful and friendly to the party. The cocktail list is great, I recommend the Blue Bourbon. It is delicious even if you don't think you are a bourbon fan. Menu is diverse, had several appetizers and the vegetarian sushi. Recommend this nice spot!

Reviewed 21 April 2017

We have been here several times- more often for breakfast than other meals, but lunch ad dinner as well. Long on "organic" and trendy food (not necessarily my style) all of the quality is high and moderately priced. Pretty good wine selection for an otherwise modest menu. Everything fairly priced, high quality and fresh. What more could you ask?

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Everything here is fresh and delicious. Our favorite time to come is for breakfast and I haven't had a bad meal. The service is fantastic, they really make you feel welcome and the wait staff is always knowledgeable of the menu items. They are a little pricey but I really think it's well worth it. We have been there for dinner as well, however because it is a little pricey, we stick to breakfast. My favorite is the Short rib skillet.

Reviewed 5 March 2017

So Prasino is a "Farm to Table" place. If you have ever watched Family Guy you'd know that Stewie was selling honey "Farm to Table" and people were paying exorbitant amounts for the product. Just sayin'. Anyway I dined here and one word comes to mind: meh.

Had reservations and hostess tried to put my party at a small table next to the waiter's station and hall to restrooms. "Is this okay?" Absolutely not. So I ended up at a larger table up front. I then watched as other diners came in and she didn't put them at the lousy table either. Maybe she didn't want to get any other dirty looks. I don't get it. Why would you alienate a customer right off the bat? It's not personal but it's principle. Don't put anyone at the lousy table. In fact, get rid of it.

Anyway I digress. So my party started with a cheese plate featuring small amounts of cheese, toast, honey, apples, and grapes. It was very good. Was it $14 good? Probably not but oh well.

For a place that advertises an extensive wine collection they don't have a wine list. Are you kidding me? I have to ask about the wine? To avoid this hassle I had a Two Brothers Prairie Path and my counterpart had a jalapeno infused cocktail "rita" which was delicious.

I ordered a special which was a ribeye with a mustard sauce, potatoes, and vegetables. It arrived and it was good. I wanted it medium and it was slightly overcooked but not enough for me to send it back. The sauce was very good. The carrots were fresh, very fresh, as evidenced by the fact that the roots were still attached at the bottom. Potatoes were small and numerous. In fact it seems that they really loaded up on the potatoes to make up for the fact that the ribeye was thin and weighed in at 10 ounces.

I had another beer and much to my dismay they ran out of the ingredients for the jalapeno infused rita. Really? What is the problem with restaurants running out of the ingredients for a drink. You're charging $10 a cocktail and you can't figure out how much mix to have on hand? Ridiculous.

Desert was some limoncello which was quite good along with a deep dish chocolate chip cookie which was dry and unimpressive.

Decor was bland. The place is large and clean but has no character. There is no "wow" factor here. The food is good but not great. The drinks are good so long as they can make them. The decor is sterile. Some might same modern. I say sterile.

Having said all of that I don't see myself returning. It wasn't a bad dining experience but it wasn't great. TripAdivsor has it ranked #1 of all restaurants in LaGrange.

Verdict: If farm to table means the world to you then come here. If it's not that important, go someplace else. LaGrange has lots and lots of cool options with great food.

1  Thank MrJameGumb
Reviewed 3 March 2017

I enjoy Prasino for lunch. It has good options, quality, and service. Prices are a little on the high side, but I think the quality is worth paying a little extra.