“In a class of its own”

Esperanto la Gomera
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Vueltas
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Valle Gran Rey on the Canary Island of La Gomera is not a gastronomic destination. ..with the exception of two outstanding establishments...one at each end of the strip that stretches from La Playa at one end and Vueltas at the other. Esperanto opposite the port and family beach could qualify for a Michelin star. The ambiance is warm and welcoming the service is impeccable and the food is totally delicious and assembled individually with extraordinary creative flair. It is advisible to book in advance because unsurprisingly Esperanto is very popular. And as a bonus by international standards the prices for such high quality are very reasonable.

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Esperanto brilliantly combines relaxed surroundings that emphasize personal touches with very high standards of very well executed cooking. There are Middle Eastern flourishes as well as locally inspired dishes. It makes a nice change for a restaurant in Valle Gran Rey to focus on vegetables and fresh herbs, while dishing up superb meat and fish courses. The choice of wine was very good, and the desserts were out of this world, especially sticky toffee pudding. The service was attentive and friendly and even greeted us in Spanish, even though the clientele is mostly German-speaking. If you sit outside, you can enjoy views of the harbour. We were happy to sit inside though. Esperanto is absolutely worth visiting!

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

Very nice lamb balls and fantastique beef. You need to book in advance because lots of people know how good this food is and how personal and high EQ the service is.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

Good food and service, nice location with lovely view from outside tables. I had lamb and partner had steak, both very good.

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

We have discovered Esperanto too late during our stay on La Gomera! On the other hand if we would have done it earlier most likely we would go there every single day.

Its a little restaurant next to a lovely harbour in Vueltas. Its tottaly in a walking distance from surroundings of La Playa or Puntilla. Actually its worth to get there from all of Valle Gran Rey or further.

We have been there three times. Ate for the main: chicken in cinamon (i ate it twice bcs its brilliant), lamb (very tender) and steak. We have tried starters and desserts. The menu doesnt have million of stuff, what is very good in my oppinion, its nicely composed, everyone will find sth.

The food is european style kitchen, so if you are bored with papas arrugadas you have to go there. Why? Bcs its just very, very tasty fresh food, cooked with love. And believe me or not I do not know the people who runs the place and I am not their family to write such nice things :) I just liked the food, really, very much. Sb in the kitchen really know how to cook and compose dishes so that they have multidimentional taste.

It also has very nice service (german,english, spanish speaking) and menu in few languages. Did i mentioned lovely harbour view? I dont remember, it has it as well :)

I wanted to come up with some fancy title of my review but "excellent" is the onky word that describes my feelings about this place fully.