“Good”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

You have to try there sushi so good and fresh as well I will be going back but this time to sit and eat

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

We heard from many that w should try this place because it was good. I would say it is good and one of only a few options in the local area. But it's not on par with other sushi places I've eaten. The hostess (maybe manager/owner) had zero personality; no greeting, no smile. But we were seated immediately on a busy Friday night. Service was S-L-O-W! I ordered 4 rolls and several nigiri for myself. The rolls had great seasoning flavor but skimped on seafood. The nigiri lacked flavor. The yellow tail tuna was not on par with what I generally encounter. In my opinion based on visual appearance and favor, the crab was imitation crab meat. Thumbs down on that. The price was good though. So if you're hankering for sushi, it'll do the trick.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 6 July 2017

I have came here for years and would recommend the miso soup and have tried so many different rolls and they were all great. Service has always been great and the food served fresh. It is located in a plaza however you don't feel like it is a plaza once you walk in; plus it is roomy inside. They also offer all you can eat menus as well.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 21 June 2017

A belated birthday present, my daughter and son-in-law took my wife and I out for Japanese cuisine at Sushi Ya. You have to pay close attention to find this little gem. The strip mall is set well back from Jefferson Ave. The décor is just a room, that is not the selling point. The wide variety of Sushi and Sashimi and Tempora dishes surely will have your favorites and many new choices to sample. The best deal is their "All You Can Eat" which allows you to sample until you are full. Friendly and helpful wait staff. Excellent Sushi chefs. This establishment would rival those in downtown Chicago for good food. Check it out for yourself.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 14 May 2017

Came in late on a Saturday with my daughter - had sushi and rolls, which were good. The miso soup however was served almost cold, which was strange and they don't seem to care too much. Patrons are local and a little oafish, at least on that night. Not a lot of choice nearby, but adequate if you need a sushi fix.

Date of visit: April 2017

Been to Sushi Ya? Share your experiences!