“The Best Sandwiches in the Western Burbs”
Review of Fontano's Subs

Fontano's Subs
Ranked #13 of 51 Restaurants in Hinsdale
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

This is my go to sandwich place. The hardest part is deciding which sandwich to order. You enter right to the order counter with the menu above and you have to pick from what seems like an endless list of meat and cheese choices. While I have had many of their offerings I usually default to the Big L, the Italian sub. All the sandwiches are loaded with the freshest tastiest meat and cheese and topped with lettuce and tomato. There is optional mayo and vinegar & oil dressing. In my opinion these are mandatory. There is also sweet and hot peppers which are sos a good choice.

You can order any size up to 3 feet long. I usually get the 12 inch which is a belly buster. They cut it in half and sometimes I can resist eating all of it and the 2nd half later. If I'm feeding a crowd I often order several varieties and have them cut in 4 pieces. This gives everyone a chance to try different bites.

While Italian meat subs are their specialty there is also turkey, beef, corned beef, Italian beef and my other favorite, The meatball along with many other choices.

If you want a great sandwich, you can't go wrong with Fontano's.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

Great place to grab a sub for lunch and get your car washed across the street. Meatball and turkey are my favorites.

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

This is our family go to sub place . Quick service and great food at a good price point.
Staff will make your sub to order.

Reviewed 16 December 2016

Small sandwich/ sub shop with great service, fresh ingredients, old school no fountain drinks grab a can king off place. Soups, sandwiches and salads. Have signature sandwiches, regular and make your own. I had the 8" wise guy with everything with a
can of good old orange crush. They give you multiple options on the size of sandwich you want not just 6" and 12". The sandwich was top notch delicious. I would recommend for a great lunch to go or to eat in.

Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

Terrific subs. Great and friendly service. Pretty much everything on the menu is good. Kids love it too.