All reviews grab and go room was clean pans pillows chicago downtown
Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

I stayed at this location for a funeral, we had 4 rms booked and needed another one but front desk told us they were booked up. Funny thing was I was able to book it online. Then we came in late to our room and when we tried to go to bed and lay down we discovered the sheets had never been changed. Found someone else’s dirty socks in our bed and hair and dirt in the other one. There was yellow stains on the pillow cases. This didn’t happen to just my room but another room we had there to. When complaining front desk clerk was like oh it’s not my fault I just came on. We had to change our own sheets and blankets. That was just gross. The next day the housekeeper phone call was more important then doing her job properly. Maybe that’s why the sheets never got changed in the first place. This place just kept getting worst. I would never stay at this place again. Breakfast was a joke, everything was gone by 8 and I had to ask if we could get anything for my son to eat. I thought it was open until 9:30, but the employees got their food. I felt no one there was professional what so ever. No one in uniform. I worked at a hotel and a motel for many years and my staff had never treated or act like the employee did at this location. The picture below shows the nasty socks we found in our bed. The other sock is right under the folded part of the blanket, the socks were flat like a pancake that’s how you know it was never changed.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank VanessaM4078
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Vanessa, thank you for your stay with us and for the candid review. We want every guest who stays with us to have a comfortable experience and to depart with a lasting favourable impression. We fell short in making that happen for you, and we are truly sorry. Although your experience is not typical of our service delivery, we obviously have room to improve, and we assure you we will. Your comments will be shared with the team, and we will take the appropriate steps to prevent these issues from happening again. We hope you will consider giving us the opportunity to make it up to you on a future visit.

Reviewed 5 May 2018

When I walked in first, Rick welcomed me and provided a wonderful room.
This set the tone for my stay and I never realized it was three weeks before I had to check out!

The staff is wonderful and the rooms were maintained extremely clean.
The location too is great. The bus stop for # 310 is right across the hotel.
Very convenient to go to downtown from the Hotel by public transport.

I have stayed at several other Extended Stay Hotels; so knew what amenities are available. They provided a full set of dishes and cutlery. This helped me.

One the day of checkout; I had a very distasteful experience with the lady at checkout. She was extremely rude and loud to say the least. I let Rick know on this. Hope that this is not repeated.

I would suggest them to have a gym room as I have seen in other Extended Stays.
Next time I am in town, will definitely be going there.

Best wises to Rick and team.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2018

Thanks for being our guest. We are glad to know you found our location to be convenient and that you were pleased with your fully-equipped room. Your compliments have been shared Rick for exceeding your expectations. We would love you to stay with us every time that you visit Extended Stay America.

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

I am mortified that this particular extended stay, was not clean, towels had black marks on them. Tub was dirty, Ants in the room. In addition, when I first got in the room the bedding was rolled back in a fashion with one pillow laying down, while the others were standing up. Every indication that someone slept in that bed for a nap. The front desk stated it hadn't been used since April 2,18.. This took place April 12,18. No other rooms available to move into. I would never recommend this place to anyone. Staff sat around, in the lobby, chatting for an hour prior to starting the first shift. Cheap, yeah, but at what price you'll have to pay for the lack of efficiency and cleanliness?
You can find another place to stay.. just look harder.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Rainell N
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Rainell, thank you for taking the time to share your review. Our staff is committed to providing fresh, clean accommodations for all of our guests, so we're sorry this was not the case for you. We are already taking steps to ensure such mistakes do not happen again. We hope you will consider giving us a second chance the next time you and family are in our area.

Reviewed 12 April 2018

I had trouble with the iron and the internet, and when I asked for a sewing kit it was no, late check out, no, early check in, no!I wish they would have been more informative as i what offered by the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Thank you for your review. Although your overall stay was a good one, I am sorry for the issues you experienced and the inconvenience they caused. We appreciate your feedback as it will help you to improve our service and amenities going forward. We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you back for an even better stay.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

Nice hotel,very affordable ,quiet night,clean rooms. Had a great stay. Looking to go back for another visit. No swimming pool but that was fine. My kids still loved being there. My wife also enjoyed her stay

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review of our hotel. We work hard to make sure our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay, so reviews such as yours tell us that we are succeeding. Thanks for your business, and we look forward to your next visit to Extended Stay America.